Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tweak posted:

How long did the New Age Outlaws do that bit for? I seem to remember never tiring of it, with the caveat that I was in middle school at the time.

I think they only stopped when they broke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Also the NAO did cool stuff before settling into their rote routine like destroying The Road Warriors, hitting the Headbangers with their own boombox and splitting them open, throwing Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie off the side of the stage in a dumpster, beating the crap out of the Rock N Roll Express, etc. All Enzo and Cass have done is get beaten up for the most part.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kawalimus posted:

It's fun to watch the Rock get away with poo poo that nobody else can get away with in a WWE ring just because he's the Rock. He knows they need him more than he needs them and he makes the most of it. I liked the story that everyone backstage flipped out when he addressed the cosplayers that one time. I hope that was true.

That was amazing. He stops mid-promo, mid-sentence, to talk to a Hulk Hogan cosplayer and I think the Gawker trial was still going on at the time. Also the show went like 30+ minutes without a single commercial cause of him.

Efexeye posted:

catchprase over isn't over

WE, THE PEOPLE, agree with you

mary had a little clam posted:

Is he having a stroke or am I?

I dunno but after reading that I smell toast and taste copper.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That's pretty uncanny, they sound exactly the same.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/834085351132114944
So I think this is where they set up the Miz/Cena and Ambrose/Corbin and have Harper and AJ be the final two?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

achillesforever6 posted:

So I think this is where they set up the Miz/Cena and Ambrose/Corbin and have Harper and AJ be the final two?

replace Harper with Shane and yes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm betting on surprise Rowan return and he takes the whole thing.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Typically the smaller man in the tag team are usually more talented in the ring. Thank you Enzo for breaking the mold. Enzo turning on Big Cass will be hilarious though because that's the only way it can go in WWE. Maybe Enzo being Big Cass' manager and hype man but who has a manager these days except the biggest star WWE has at the moment..

Also, Big Show getting 'this is awesome' chants kind of blows my mind. What year is this and who's the president? Oh...

Believe it or not, but Enzo is still better than Big Cass in the ring. Enzo might gently caress up majorly now and then like his Cesaro match, but Cass is legitimately clumsy and has hosed up his solo finisher several times to the point he has the elbow drop as a secondary finisher. Enzo can at least do a top rope DDT that looks okay.

Enzo also knows how to sell, but they never teach tall guys that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Raskolnikov38 posted:

replace Harper with Shane and yes

I don't think Shane will be in the battle royal

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Meltzer is spot on with the thing about AJ winning, Orton changing his mind, Shane telling AJ too bad.

Part of me wonders if they're happy with Bray enough to add Harper to the match to eat the pin.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shane should gently caress off.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

So... are we just considering the IC title a belt buckle now? Because I don't think it's been involved in it's own feud since Dean got it...

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I wish Shane/Brock was still the plan so AJ could do not the worst match on the card

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Golashes posted:

I wish Shane/Brock was still the plan so AJ could do not the worst match on the card

who would he feud with then. a Shane match is "we have literally nothing else"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why are they so afraid of having another AJ/Cena match at Wrestlemania? Cena's been on fire since he had the US Title and it kind of makes me wish he'd do that again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Why are they so afraid of having another AJ/Cena match at Wrestlemania? Cena's been on fire since he had the US Title and it kind of makes me wish he'd do that again.

Gotta be honest, I think it'd be diminishing returns so soon.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Just throw em in the ic title match, it's not a singles match but no one wants to see him as a prop to watch Shane jump off a thing onto another thing and do a kickflip onto his balls or something

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I'm betting on surprise Rowan return and he takes the whole thing.

I just want Bray to be the babyface in the feud with Orton.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Raw was so bad. Good Owens promo, good cruiserweight contract signing, Braun v Show was surprisingly OK, and then the other 2 1/2 hours were all just loving terrible.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Calax posted:

So... are we just considering the IC title a belt buckle now? Because I don't think it's been involved in it's own feud since Dean got it...

Do you know how much paperwork it takes to have a title match?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They can still do the Shane screws AJ angle and just have Shane use a proxy. From NXT. Who happens to be Nakamura.

Look, I just want AJ vs. Nakamura at Wrestlemania.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Just make Shane fight triple h and have styles somehow fight either samoa joe or Seth Rollins or both somehow. It's 2017 nothing matters anymore

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Raw was so bad. Good Owens promo, good cruiserweight contract signing, Braun v Show was surprisingly OK, and then the other 2 1/2 hours were all just loving terrible.

That's why they're running Dean/Corbin.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
The Russian hacking joke was good.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i think there were two good hours of raw, which about and hour better than we usually get but i really missed being at my desk playing video games during it

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So how will they eliminate Corbin while showcasing him as a big threat?
Do the Maven or have everyone gang up a couple times?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Golashes posted:

i think there were two good hours of raw

You must mean during the year so far.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

some guy on the bus posted:

You must mean during the year so far.

There were two good hours of raw since the brand split in 2016. Like someone said earlier raw has been watchable lately (say, for 2017) but it's damning with faint praise as it's still not great but at least it's not Enzo cucking rusev while new Day is on day 58296216 of their reign and Sasha and Charlotte on an endless 4 week loop

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ohhhhh woah oh, tear the farts out from my rear end ohhhh woah oh, fill it with some broken glass

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golashes posted:

There were two good hours of raw since the brand split in 2016. Like someone said earlier raw has been watchable lately (say, for 2017) but it's damning with faint praise as it's still not great but at least it's not Enzo cucking rusev while new Day is on day 58296216 of their reign and Sasha and Charlotte on an endless 4 week loop

Apparently they planned what they wanna do for the Rumble and Mania and worked backwards from that and now they're building up to the conclusions they want at Mania.

I think that's why Raw feels more watchable because it, a LITTLE BIT like SmackDown, feels it's building a little bit of momentum towards something each weak instead of endlessly spinning its wheels with Rollins/Roman vs. Owens/Jericho matches.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Golashes posted:

i think there were two good hours of raw, which about and hour better than we usually get but i really missed being at my desk playing video games during it

I did both, it was good. USA's web player is still trash though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
So will the Fastlane match be longer than a minute twenty six?

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

VJeff posted:

Apparently they planned what they wanna do for the Rumble and Mania and worked backwards from that and now they're building up to the conclusions they want at Mania.

The mere fact that it was somehow a revelation or change to get to the point that they're planning towards a particular outcome is loving hilarious and explains quite a bit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Enzo and Cass' biggest problem is that they're just too green. Send them back down to NXT for a few years where they belong so they can work this whole 'wrestling' thing out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MotU posted:

badaboom stalest guys in the room

Finally someone else says what's been he case for 6+ months

Also Cass is a future big man champ but needs the right help to develop than being chained here.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 21, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Rather than sending them down, they could turn them heel and have Enzo in the manager role. It would give Cass a chance to do a bit more in the ring than "take the hot tag", and Enzo could expand his promo range somewhat (and building up to a catchphrase but then not doing it is good heel heat).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cass is A Guy That Gives Vince A Boner though so at least Cass is probably never turning heel

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Enzo and Cass' biggest problem is that they're just too green. Send them back down to NXT for a few years where they belong so they can work this whole 'wrestling' thing out.

Enzo's been in developmental for like 4 years, and Cass even longer. If they can't work, then either they simply aren't capable of it, or WWE's developmental system is god awful.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i'll bet cass could cut a pretty decent promo if they took the enzanchor off his neck. he's got that brooklyn tough guy accent and seems relatively coherent. Enzo has a really funny one liner sometimes (that I bet half the crowd doesn't get) but in general it's just marble-mouthed garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
They could also just not have them do a 5-minute promo every week but hey, three hours. Right now E&C and New Day both feel like SNL recurring characters that have gone on way too long.

• Locked thread