Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/833905165145145344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought Vince and Punk were actually something approaching cool and that HHH was the issue? Or at the very least Vince had done more to reach out. Maybe I'm wrong.

Vince still fired him on his wedding day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golashes posted:

There were two good hours of raw since the brand split in 2016. Like someone said earlier raw has been watchable lately (say, for 2017) but it's damning with faint praise as it's still not great but at least it's not Enzo cucking rusev while new Day is on day 58296216 of their reign and Sasha and Charlotte on an endless 4 week loop

Apparently they planned what they wanna do for the Rumble and Mania and worked backwards from that and now they're building up to the conclusions they want at Mania.

I think that's why Raw feels more watchable because it, a LITTLE BIT like SmackDown, feels it's building a little bit of momentum towards something each weak instead of endlessly spinning its wheels with Rollins/Roman vs. Owens/Jericho matches.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can we just. Can we just do a fatal four way?

gently caress, all of these guys are so loving great. Oh and Orton will be there too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They took the script off the Usos (I assume) and they're basically the best tag team in the company right now.

Please learn from this, WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I appreciate that Bryan said "Look, any other time of year I'd try as hard as I can to make an exception, but this is WrestleMania, we can't have the potential of a WrestleMania without the women's belt."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Julio Cruz posted:

I find it amusing that the (very bad) film director/writer can't tell the difference between someone playing a character and someone's actual personality.

Uh, he specifically says "Wrestling Character" ten seconds in.

tao of lmao posted:

I like listening to Max Landis talk about wrestling more than I enjoy actually watching wrestling these days.

Hell, same.*

*(except SmackDown)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley and Max Landis are both spazzy weirdos that are in fact, Good. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kinda have this feeling Shane's spot monkey offense might gel super well with AJ but that might just be wishful thinking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd say it's a fair guarantee that Roman vs. Braun cannot have a satisfying ending, because either Braun gets fed to Roman or it's a gently caress finish.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

Does Taker beating up Roman after the match count as a satisfying ending

Well it's like, it'd be viscerally satisfying, I guess? But I just can't get on board with Undertaker screwing Roman, because Roman didn't do anything to Undertaker. He eliminated him at the Rumble, but that's the point of the Rumble. That would just be Undertaker being a sore loser which is a lame way to start such an important feud, especially one that's supposedly supposed to be turning Roman heel.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

*looks at Battleground 2015*

That was loving awesome, yes, but it was very different. Heyman had been crowing for months and months on end about how MYYYYY CLIENT BAROCK LESNARRRRRRRR CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA. It wasn't even about getting revenge for the streak (he literally said "streaks are made to be broken"), it was about Brock letting Heyman talk poo poo for months and months and months and he finally got sick of it and decided to blast Brock in the dick a million times. And dammit, I can respect that. Also, I dunno if anybody was expecting Undertaker to show up or not that night but when I watched it on the Network, it certainly felt like a big shock to the audience. And this was a good four-five months since the last time Undertaker showed up.

This would just be "This guy eliminated me a month ago in a match where the whole point is that 99% of the people participating get eliminated. gently caress him, I guess." It's also undercut by the fact that, y'know, Taker doesn't really NEED the Royal Rumble for a title shot. He could just ask for one, literally exactly like Cena and Goldberg did. So it's not like Roman even screwed him out of anything tangible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sasha is actually just fine as a Babyface worker, its the scripted promos that kill her.

Stuff like her giving Bayley her glasses and going "Bayley won't you be my girl" in Glasgow was neat. It feels like the two of them have a real friendship even if their promos are the same bland Raw garbage.

Having said that, she should go heel, but that would leave Raw with only one woman Babyface too, so.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

As a big fan of both Undertale and John Cena, this is a woeful under-utilization of the concept.

There's not even an option to cut a scathing worked shoot promo on him so he can go "Fine speech." and adjust his hat!

The real options should be "Worked promo", "Shoot promo", "Use Finisher" and "Point at WrestleMania sign".

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 24, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Weird. I guess TJP resonates with somebody. Whoever it is, they ain't going to Raw, 'cause he's dead in the water, there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That spear looked cool as gently caress but that's because Braun flung himself backwards like a full half second before Roman touched him.

It's actually a pretty good sell. Good job, Braun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Big Show worked his rear end off to get into shape and go out on a high note and he's cool with me and I hope he has a singles match at Mania.

How about a Strowman feud, I'd watch that poo poo again in a heartbeat.

• Locked thread