Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Gaius Marius posted:

I wonder how quickly the killer would've been caught in persona 4 if the investigation team had someone as competent as Nanjo. Seriously though for all the faults this game has all the characters in it come off as extremely competent and intelligent.

Honestly to be fair, the killer had been helping to obfuscate things, a copycat that made it even more confusing, and the only one that's an actual detective still had to wrap her head around the supernatural poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It's clear the writers fell into a common trap when writing characters that are suppose to be smart with Nanjo - they turn them into exposition dispensers, and somehow they're able to magically know the plot without showing signs of learning or piecing it together.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

that can be it, also Pandora means "all gifts", and was designed to be a kind of honeypot to punish humanity after Prometheus gave them fire, so she can be another type of temptation - while Mara tempts Buddha to test him, Pandora was designed to punish anyone that takes the bait

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the_steve posted:

It's probably just coincidence.
Don't hold me to it, but, I think 1&2 are set in a different continuity than 3 onward.

Pretty much the idea is that after the ending of Eternal Punishment, the world got completely rebooted again, so 3 and 4 are a different world with Philemon being weakened so rules are different.

(on that note the Raidou Kuzunoha games are where the timeline splits, one goes down the main SMT time line, and the other down the Persona games)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Toro's definitely an obsessive, selfish loser, but drat Ayase is just vicious, and seems unaware there's a difference between being honest and being an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

The Watercrown posted:

Loose enough that someone explained exactly in what ways Frozen was an adaptation of that folk tale, and I still called bull.

That's what happens when a studio changes gears half way through production (Elsa was originally the villain).

But as for the Snow Queen, it's one of the more popular of Hans Christian Andersen's stories to adapt, and one of the less depressing, and this is a series all about finding the most obscure folk story to fish a monster out of out.

• Locked thread