Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Bloody Destiny is way too peppy.

Who the heck thought that was an improvement over Deadline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nephrite posted:

It was usually about now that I'd try and get a Gozu-Tennoh (US Vortek) because someone decided it was a smart idea to give a level 18 Persona Megidola.

Gozu-Tennoh is so powerful when together with Phaleg I literally beat the PS1 game with him.

An extremely dirty secret: pretty much absolutely everything that's strong against Nuclear just so happens to be weak to things Phaleg is packing... or just being beaten in the face with a sword.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Erusear Tsymmom, eh?

Mommy's Treasure?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Huh?

I thought it was obvious Philemon's face is just an older version of the protagonist's.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nephrite posted:

I thought he looked like Kandori, myself. But maybe that was more in the original.

In the original it was more blatant that it was the protagonist...

...if you were playing the Japanese version, where the main's hair was not bright red.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pretty much.

When I beat the American version by spamming Gozu-Tennoh (who generally crushes Pandora), the PS1 reveal was all "OK yeah so?" until I saw the Japanese portraits. Then it clicks: it's an older, wiser version of the protagonist.

I mean, there's a reason that every main protagonist's Persona's first line is some variation on "I art thou. Thou art I. I come from the sea of thy heart."

Philemon grants you this power to summon parts of yourself at the beginning, then at the end he pulls off his mask to reveal... it was you! It was you all along, Austin!

People are overthinking this whole thing with the Zhang Zhou bit or any other explanation, especially after Persona 2 where they hit you directly in the face with it.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 11, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm not sure what Paimon has to do with Sloth or Dominion with Pride...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

How odd. Philemon looks absolutely nothing like the art of Zhang Zhou...

• Locked thread