Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Oh hey, it's the game I keep meaning to start an LP of and never getting around to it. Thanks, PeaceDiner! Various thoughts on the game:

-Wasn't Satomi Tadashi the original director of 1 and 2? If you put any stock in rumors (which Persona is all about doing) some sort of never-fully-explained internal politics at Atlus was responsible for Tadashi being replaced with Katsura Hoshino for 3. I don't know if that's true but it would explain the gradual move away from Tadashi's contributions to the canon (we'll see these later in the LP) and possibly the cancellation of the Eternal Punishment PSP localization.

-Only show the NPC dialogue that you feel like showing. There's a million lines of it and I don't want you to burn out?

-Echoing what others have said about the music, but Meguro actually directed the remake personally, so what can you do.

-I believe there is a PC version of this game (probably Windows95) and that version in particular actually changes the experience formula so everyone gets at least a little. Keeping that one change would have made the remake so much more tolerable, IMO. I do like this game, but I have a pretty high tolerance for grind, and frankly grinding is much more fun in 2 with its improved battle system.

-I missed if you mentioned that the main character has the Emperor Arcana, not Fool as you might expect from later titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I absolutely love how Nanjo has to actually belittle Kandori into getting mad enough to actually quit moping and allow the party to fight him

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

vdate posted:

'Well we can't just kick the poo poo out of a guy who's not fighting back.'

Explain All-Out Attacks :colbert:

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
"Nanjo, you tool! This is a Persona game! There is literally no greater strength than the power of friendship!" What a great scene.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Please keep Persona 5 spoilers in the Persona 5 thread, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Don't fall into archives! Don't fall into archives!

• Locked thread