Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
So, turns out the "back head" of Pandora's first form is partly composed of another Maki bending over. Before seeing the stills in this LP, I'd always assumed it was a reference to Mara, everyone's favorite dick-chariot.

On the plus side, they certainly didn't shy away from making the darkest parts of someone's heart ugly, gotta give 'em that.

Also, ouch... poor Mark never had a chance, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
I like the endings here. After all the horrible poo poo that's happened, it's nice to get a little ordinary :unsmith:... although Chris Reiji never did put on a drat shirt, even for his graduation ceremony. I guess no one had the stones to try to force him after everything went down.

Great job showing this off, PeaceDiner. I've never seen the Snow Queen Quest, so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
So if I understand this right, Kid Maki forces Naoya and Ideal Maki into the ideal town in Maki's mind, there to stay forever or possibly until real-world Maki dies... except this time they know it for what it is and can't escape? Harsh.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think she took Naoya. As she said, she can "make him too". It's likely that she'll just make an ideal version of Naoya to be with (a possibly brainwashed) Ideal Maki in their world.

That makes more sense, I didn't notice that Naoya was still standing there after Kid Maki bailed.

I'm legitimately impressed with this ending, they managed to pack a lot of horror into a scene that probably takes less than two minutes to go through.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks for showing that off! I only played the PS1 version back in the day, so I didn't know about any of these newfangled sidequests.

It's just as well. If I'd done all that and only gotten the Ruins Medal for it, I'd have probably cracked.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
I was going to make a crack about the first fight of this route being a goon, but Toro really nailed Ayase's malfunction, didn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

Leraika posted:

On the same note, I was gonna get all indignant about people labeling Ayase as cold when she rejected a guy who straight up said he would be complicit in her death by starvation and/or demon murder if she didn't go out with him, but drat that girl is not innocent.

Robindaybird posted:

Toro's definitely an obsessive, selfish loser, but drat Ayase is just vicious, and seems unaware there's a difference between being honest and being an rear end in a top hat.

I'm digging this quite a bit - it might just be me, but it seems rare that writers are willing to portray these kinds of personal-scale conflicts in anything other than black and white. Terrible people tend to do terrible things to each other.

• Locked thread