Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Just caught up with the LP. I've read a summary of the original localization explaining most of what happens in this game (at least in the SEBEC route) but I'm already noticing tons of tiny details I wasn't aware of. For example, I knew Nanjo was a prick but not that he was this much of a jackass. Too bad the little girl never insults him, would've been nice to see him react to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Making you redo the whole dungeon is a Strange Journey-tier move. I heard that the dungeons in this game were awful but Karma Palace is just plain evil.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

What is neat about them using Hariti here is that, going by the myth, the option to lower your weapons could be a legit peace offer or a trap. I like it this way, but I could see her trying to slay Maki's friends and kidnapping her like an overprotective ogre.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Nanjo should stop reading the script ahead of everyone else.

I generally prefer it when my JRPG characters don't need to be spoon fed the plot by the antagonists but it'd be nice if he at least had some ellipsis when running into clues or something to show he's figuring things out in the background or something.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm a bit surprised that the game ends around level 60. That is very low compared to most modern SMT titles. Not that having more dungeons or longer ones would be a good thing for this game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I saw Raiho and immediately :psyduck:'d since this game predates Raidou by like a decade. It makes a lot more sense now that you've pointed out it was originally just a Frost in a similar costume and a different name.

I take Yukino was right and you're still on a time limit if you want to save the NPCs? Otherwise it seems too benevolent for a game like P1.

• Locked thread