Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If only Mark had danced as crazy as he could, he wouldn't have gotten caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Watercrown posted:

Aki and Mai both split from one being, and they both look like Maki, and have a compact that looks like Maki's, and 'our' Maki is still unaccounted for.... I think I see what the twist is going to be here.

Not to mention both of their names together, discounting repeated letters, make "Maki". The game's not being subtle here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This links to the PS1 opening.

Shouldn't one of these be a PS1 track?

Also just a question here, but would you get a different Totem item instead of Reiji's if you had gone with another character for his slot? Likewise, would Maki say their name instead?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think Yamaoka being Nanjo's final Persona is really cute. Even moreso if they're meant to be aspects of each person's personality, not only is Yamaoka willing to defend his master from beyond the grave, but he's been such a giant influence in his life that his own personality has shades of Yamaoka's own.

You said that Pandora being able to switch elements at will is "really cool". I'd call it really terrible design myself. If there was something that foreshadowed it, fine, but if it is entirely random, then the player can get hosed over by the RNG disliking them. There's no way to plan around something entirely random.

Also that last scene was...wow. It did not work in the slightest. I feel sorry for Mark, but at the same time, if that's all the emotion Maki can put into telling someone that she loves them, maybe it's for the best.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pieuvre posted:

So if I understand this right, Kid Maki forces Naoya and Ideal Maki into the ideal town in Maki's mind, there to stay forever or possibly until real-world Maki dies... except this time they know it for what it is and can't escape? Harsh.

I don't think she took Naoya. As she said, she can "make him too". It's likely that she'll just make an ideal version of Naoya to be with (a possibly brainwashed) Ideal Maki in their world.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, so the demons that serve Maki's other selves are Greed then. I guess it's fitting, she did want a whole world to fit with her ideal version of everyone, including herself. That's pretty greedy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All the Ms. Saeko's Theme links are broken apart from the first one, they link to an unavaliable video.

Also this route split feels kind of...awkwardly placed. "OH THERE'S THIS MASK AND IT'S CURSED" and then we're off-rails. It feels like something that should be a sidequest rather than a full route split, but what do I know, maybe it'll make more sense later. I do like that your starting party is different from the other route though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Another moment of ice-coldness from Ayase, I see. "Those two are being horribly tortured!" "meh they deserve it lol".

What a great human being.

• Locked thread