Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh sick, glad there's another Persona 1 LP going on! I love so much about the idea and aesthetic of Persona 1, and 2 as well, but I feel this game really puts its full weight against you not having the best time so I've always dropped off around the middle. Good luck to you, I'll def follow this! As for extra dialogue, please show all you can without having your head explode. I remember spending like an hour or two running around the school and Mikage-cho getting flavor text and while I found it fun, I'm pretty sure I'd die if I had to transcribe it all.

Seeing Tamaki an update back made mad that that Shin Megami Tensei if... fan translation still hasn't finished in like two years. I think there's an LP of it on the archive and I don't think it's a technically great game, but my dumb brain needs to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Despite playing Persona 3-4 first, I tend to like the Fuse Personas For Everyone idea more, just for adding more control and customization. The initial release of Persona 3 having all your party members be AI controlled is really weird in hindsight coming off of 1 and 2, though understandable given the changes they wanted to make. I like Philemon's "People live by wearing different masks. Your current self may be only one of those innumerable masks." a lot tho, so it feels silly in 3-4 when all your friends are just like "man it is super weird and lame that you get like a million of these things" versus everyone in Persona 1 and 2 having Entity Contact with mental gods

Also yeah, a voice LP protag for Persona 2 specifically would be real tough. So much of Persona 2 is about Tatsuya's and Maya's character and how other's interact with them, what they see in them, what they want to see in them and even how they see themselves, so it could make some dissonance and kinda lessen some moments of done badly? Not saying you'd do badly, but oof I've seen some bad and unfunny LP main character characterization.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

PeaceDiner posted:

My only problem with Lone Prayer is my problem with vocals in any common battle theme: no matter how good it is, you're gonna get drat tired of hearing it, even quicker than a battle theme without vocals. I played P1P so much around my mom that she can still sing Lone Prayer to this day. Well, that may just be a problem I have, though.
I honestly think that either my brain was broken to begin with or Persona 1 did it, but I do not get tired of Lone Prayer. I really like it and School Days, Dream of Butterfly too, but I understand that I'm crazy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Man I know got past this but I somehow completely blanked the robot rat out of my memory which is honestly baffling

people need to respect Nanjo, he's The #1 Man In Japan

lightace posted:

I meant to post this a while ago, but I just want to say I'm super duper excited to finally see an LP of this! I know 3 and 4 almost forward and back but know next to nothing about 1 or 2!

Also, my favorite demon ever is definitely

Gotta love that toilet ghost.
Hanako-san is great, but i gotta give it to those ghosts that came back just to play some b-ball

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i mean....

he's the Number #1 Man In Japan

sorry you can't all keep with him

• Locked thread