Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, sweet! This is cool! I've never actually PLAYED the original, but I do know the plot of this one. Question:

SEBEC or Snow Queen? Or will you do both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
"Mark Danced Crazy!"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Item Getter posted:

Same..... it was my first Persona / SMT game. It's a bit difficult mentally to make myself refer to the characters by their original names even though the PS1 names are mostly objectively dumb sounding. And the character sprites are harder to distinguish in this version, like the main character and Nate look pretty much the same from the back.
It's also slightly weird that Mark is apparently still called Mark most of the time in the original, though I knew about "Elly" and "Brown". I wonder what the deal is with many of the characters in Japanese Persona 1 and 2 having English nicknames, though I guess it made things easier for when the US branch decided to Americanize all the names.

I'd add "the intro movie" as the only other thing the PS1 version did better, in spite of its technologically primitive look.
At least the first half of Persona 2: IS (again only the original) gave us a good non-dated looking version of that

I had the inverse. I saw the remake first, and then when I looked at the localized PS1 version I PHYSICALLY CRINGED.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Taking into account Persona selection and stat spread, who would the current party best be compared to in modern Person games?

I'm guessing that Maki's the Mitsuru (well-rounded casting-based stat spread) and Nanjo's something of an... Makoto (P5 character, Jack of all trades)?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So what are you building Naoya to be?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What are all they attack types possible?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So this is what I get:

In the SEBEC route, you are forced to use Naoya, Maki, Nanjo and Masao. Your fifth is a choice between Brown, Elly, Character #3 and Secret Character.

Meanwhile, in the Snow Queen Quest, you're forced to use Naoya, Brown, Yukino, and #3. Your fifth is either Elly or Nanjo. Maki, Masao and the Secret Character do not appear on this route.

Is this correct?

Junpei fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 13, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
ModEdit: Potential spoiler removed.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 19, 2017

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...I kind of wish the modern SMT demon designer could make a (non-altered) illustration of Bres, cause DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN does that Persona look dapper in that coat.

So, what's Reiji's stat spread like? Caster? Physical attacker? Speedy? Tanky?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, what's Reiji's stat spread like? Caster? Physical attacker? Speedy? Tanky?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Aki is a dick.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...I can not be the only one getting a "Nanjo = Spock, Masao = McCoy" vibe from those two, am I?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So out of curiosity, which totem corresponds to which party member, and what are Elly, Brown, and Ayase's?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Is it just me, or does this game feel really short? I mean, we still have the Snow Queen Quest and all, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I sympathize with Tsutomu's plight: Push-ups are The Worst.

• Locked thread