Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ace of Aces posted:

5's take on this is really good, though. You need specific, high-quality model replicas because the reason they work as guns is because your opponents think they are guns.

Now, how ammo works, I have no explanation for (and when called on it Morgana basically goes 'it's a cognitive world it doesn't always make sense').

Yeah, that confused me too.
Especially since a big chunk of Iwai's story was "The Yakuza needs a big shipment of "fake" guns"
I honestly thought it was some sort of American censorship thing.
"We can't give teenagers real guns to go around shooting people! Say they're very realistic models, and see about turning all the cigarettes into lollipops."

Though I guess that since you're buying them from an airsoft shop, in the real world they would shoot harmless plastic pellets or whatever, but in the cognitive world, the pellets turn into actual hurty bullets, hence the need for ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kevos Setzer posted:

So is the big evil plot of P3 meant to be a call-back to this, or did it just happen that way? Like, Ikutsuki and his predecessors could have learned of "The Fall" from this right here.

It's probably just coincidence.
Don't hold me to it, but, I think 1&2 are set in a different continuity than 3 onward.

• Locked thread