Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

What more do you want me to say that the level weren't as fun to play as most of the other games in the 2D series?

it sounds like you dont know what the hell you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Try a top 5 you dipshit. Then it'll be easier to avoid being arbitrary about your measuFor those unfamiliar with Duke Nukem 3D, it essentially Doom, but better. It has the same labyrinth style level design and fast paced run and gun gameplay. The key difference between the two titles is that Duke Nukem 3D is just…well a far superior game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

the only thing better than skull girls? why, it has to be world famous standing in a locked room simulator half life 2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol, top 100 without Quake 1 or Doom but Duke Nukem is #13 and Quake III is #1929. You need to be put to sleep.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

normal person: i compiled a list of 100 games, what do you guys think?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i managed to concisely explain why i think mario 3 is better than smw in one sentence a week ago and this guy cant do it across an article and multiple forum posts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

normal person: i compiled a list of 100 games,

lmfao

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

What more do you want me to say that the level weren't as fun to play as most of the other games in the 2D series?

if u cant articulate your feelings on games why would i read a list of 100 thats just your feelings on games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Try a top 5 you dipshit. Then it'll be easier to avoid being arbitrary about your measuFor those unfamiliar with Duke Nukem 3D, it essentially Doom, but better. It has the same labyrinth style level design and fast paced run and gun gameplay. The key difference between the two titles is that Duke Nukem 3D is just…well a far superior game.

gently caress

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*writes "The Legends of Zelda" in my extreme effort 100 games list compilation article I wrote for god knows what reason* lfmao You god drat horse's rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shake it, baby.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Lol, top 100 without Quake 1 or Doom but Duke Nukem is #13 and Quake III is #1929. You need to be put to sleep.

lmfao what the poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What if they did this for every game? DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into a detailed list of what I believe are the best 100 games I have played.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

What if they did this for every game? DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into a detailed list of what I believe are the best 100 games I have played.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*cracks knuckles and pours a glass of wine*

Duke in Red Earth: This octoupus could jack off 8 of my dicks at once This is epic!

Duke in NeoTokyo: This is a lovely Counterstrike Clone for perverts! But the babes are hot.

Duke in Rodea the Sky Soldier: This white trunk of this tree looks like my white rod lol.. Though smaller since my dick is big.

Duke in Hotline Miami

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
congrats to Splatterhouse, Dynamite Headdy, and of course Duke 3D

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*delivers an epic 100-hit combo of nut punches roundhouse kicks and karate chops to the OP's nutsack*

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

He left out RE4 because he doesn't remember it. Put this guy behind bars

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

*cracks knuckles and pours a glass of wine*

Duke in Red Earth: This octoupus could jack off 8 of my dicks at once This is epic!

Duke in NeoTokyo: This is a lovely Counterstrike Clone for perverts! But the babes are hot.

Duke in Rodea the Sky Soldier: This white trunk of this tree looks like my white rod lol.. Though smaller since my dick is big.

Duke in Hotline Miami

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
We could always use some more content in The Zone... I think you all need to go easier on the OP.

e: God. gently caress off, OP.

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 22, 2017

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

We could always use some more content in The Zone... I think you all need to go easier on the OP.

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Neotokyo is so loving cool they need to make a new one

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gameplay wise Persona 4 is very unique. It’s part dungeon crawler and part dating simulator. It seemed to hop on the date sim bandwagon well before the likes of (waifu) Fire Emblem and other titles. This really help set the series apart from other RPGs during its initial release. Basically during the day the player goes to school.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

After another brief boost in quality of, mostly forgettable, JRPGs during the end of the PS2s lifetime, people were waiting for the next wave of quality JRPG titles. The thing was, was that people were expecting games to push the genre more than ever before. Due to the power of the PS3 and Xbox 360, developers were now capable of making much more vibrant and elaborate game worlds than ever. This obviously had many fans of the genre very excited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

As a huge fan of fighting games, I have to admit it is a bit of a double edge sword that the genre stays so conservative. On one hand the genre doesn’t seem to be plagued by the bullshit found in other genres.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

As a huge fan of fighting games, I have to admit it is a bit of a double edge sword that the genre stays so conservative. On one hand the genre doesn’t seem to be plagued by the bullshit found in other genres.

genre

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Super Metroid — After playing the newer DS Castlevania games, it didn't seem to “wow” me as much as it should have.

Reading this gave me a seizure.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Reading this gave me a seizure.

jfc

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What compelled you to write this list, OP? I get the feeling that you judge some games as contemporary and some against what's put out and available today. Why would you put DN3D in there when Doom (2016) is available but at the same time not praise SMW for what a great platformer it was (and still is) when it was released?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Top 100 games list

1.Super Metroid
2->98. Replaying Super Metroid
99. Chrono Trigger
100. Yoshi's Island

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ICl3pvdPY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

If you were to ask any JRPG fan, they would largely agree that the ’90s was the “Golden Age” for the genre. Not only was it when the genre came to its own, but so many ground-breaking titles that have aged like fine wine were released then.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

If you were to ask any JRPG fan, they would largely agree that the ’90s was the “Golden Age” for the genre. Not only was it when the genre came to its own, but so many ground-breaking titles that have aged like fine wine were released then.

Me playing a '90s JRPG

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me playing a '90s JRPG

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Me playing a '90s JRPG

Lol

Adbot