Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Watched some partial playthroughs. This looks pretty amazing.

Just enjoy the fleeting halcyon days here before it gets ruined by Reddit and Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Oxxidation posted:

Okay I see your point but consider: Gregg.

"I have cups on my ears!"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://youtu.be/gJv-iFkzV4M

I love this track so much.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Edit: wrong character. Derp.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I'm pleased to see they nailed the 12V car batteries can electrocute you trope.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Beekeeping and You posted:

In fairness i think I've done all of those dances before, while smashed at a concert

Yeah this is like everybody's first high school dance.

I had even more abstract moves than that.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I think the cult/supernatural element and maybe the use of anthropomorphic characters might be a useful buffer to keep some of the relevant and real subject matter and themes of the game from hitting too close to home.

Sort of like a reverse "suspension of disbelief". Because without being preachy this game hit some pretty difficult points hard. Especially when you have things like practically a generation of people being discarded and left behind like worthless trash.

Also if you ever had a friend who was seriously poor or just trying to get by under really tough circumstances Lori causes some really high-grade "feels".

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 8, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

"Do mew like hurting other people?"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

ishikabibble posted:

I never wanted this crossover. I didn't even want the Undertale one!

I know this is RCR but did anyone else read this in in Tom and Ray Magliosi's (the Car Talk guy's) voices?

Tom: and ferry your DIRTBAG FRIENDS
Ray: ha ha ha (snort)
Tom: hahaha around that BOMBED OUT CARCASS OF A TOWN
Ray: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Tom: that is... Possum Springs?
Ray: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Tom: HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Time machine...

Three-Phase posted:

Just enjoy the fleeting halcyon days here before it gets ruined by Reddit and Tumblr.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

precision posted:

I assume that poster thinks it will ruin a game about being an outcast, growing up, fitting in, and figuring out what you're all about to discuss this stuff. Which is silly.

Oh believe me I really hope that I'm completely wrong about some of my prognostications here, because I don't think we've really seen a game quite like NITW before.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

precision posted:

I really did not like the last act of the game. Like, at all. What the hell were they thinking... jeez.

Stephen King ending?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
^ - that rules

THIS BISH EMPTY

https://youtu.be/KqGIWG81D5E

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://youtu.be/CSnod0zKEDA

#prayforAngus

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

anime was right posted:

the murdering of those with families trying to make a decent living via the only methods they are capable in a cruel society in the game Axelust Murderking is just compared to the atrocity that is messing up someone's pots and pans in the evil simulator known only as Night in the Woods.

Hey don't forget the damage to the bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

That's pretty amazing.