Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

kidcoelacanth posted:

like an idiot, i keep looking at comment threads on twitter or whatever and it's honestly just the worst part of all of this. people are trash.

If it's any consolation, most of the people being lovely on twitter are like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

"I don't make snap judgments" but then implies a snap judgement where you think the accuser is a liar.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

stupid idiot bullshit

Except that it was a lot more than "a few tweets" and you're being willfully ignorant here. There's no such thing as "not taking a side", as that in and of itself is a side (that is in favor of the status quo).

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Sorry, where did I write that there were a few tweets?

quote:

There were also a bunch of people who thought Alec was guilty right off the bat because of said tweets.

Implying that that's all the information people were basing it off of. And I'm getting the impression that you really don't believe any of the victims (which also includes Scott himself).

Being a victim of abuse isn't an excuse for abusing people. People gave him plenty of second chances, and from the sounds of it, he never really stopped abusing people, even after his previous victims thought he had changed.

AbstractNapper posted:

Sorry, where did I write that there were a few tweets?

There is such thing. It's my position on the matter. And I can tell you I am not in favor of the status quo, and I am also not in favor of this type of thing that's going on with twitter, not as a solution anyway.

Yeah because we should just let people be abusers and the victims should just keep their mouths shut.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Jesus Christ, no. And again no. Why do you insist on inferring blatantly wrongly what I supposedly "imply" and not stay on the things I actually write?

Because you're not really writing anything of meaning? Do you actually read what you write?

Here's some advice from the forum rules page:

The 7th Guest posted:

also, being not a fan of a person putting a warning out there to women in the industry to be careful around someone... means you have some kind of better and not at all hilarious solution right? because saying "there's got to be a better way" implies that the better way is just around the corner, or even exists, and that we should all sit patiently and wait for it

This, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to suggest other than "victims shouldn't tell their stories"

Kazy fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 4, 2019

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

I am not taking a position on the recent twitter posts and I hate that it's come to this in some places, where twitter can lead to such tragedies for the accused without offering no real solutions for victims or justice (and also it should not). And with the most obvious result of creating mobs and abusers from both sides.

Then what do you suggest the victims do?

also lol at this:

AbstractNapper posted:

I am also not with both sides here

AbstractNapper posted:

I am not taking a position on the recent twitter posts and I hate that it's come to this in some places, where twitter can lead to such tragedies for the accused without offering no real solutions for victims or justice (and also it should not). And with the most obvious result of creating mobs and abusers from both sides.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

I don't know what you are asking of me here.
There has to be a better solution to handle this type of matter than via twitter. There has to be.

The victims are not in the wrong. The resulting situation is all kinds of wrong.

You're pretty dead set on implying that the victims are in the wrong for using Twitter to get their stories out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mobs and abusers from both sides". You say that you're not advocating both-sidesism, but then turn around to do that exact thing.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 4, 2019

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

You are pretty dead set on me implying stuff. I'm going to stop engaging you now because I don't like the circle we are in and making this discussion about me does not feel right, neither was my intention.

I hope my next message in the thread is on topic (about the game).

Because that's what your words mean. You can't just say your words don't mean what they mean.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

dogstile posted:

Blaming twitter for harbouring a community of people who believe that people are guilty until proven innocent is not the same thing as "the victims shouldn't get their stories out" and i'm not sure how you're getting that from Abstracts posts.

Disclaimer: I think Alec is a piece of poo poo who deserved every word said against him, before you paint me as a sympathiser too.

Twitter had nothing to do with it though. The only thing that led to this was the information being public, not where the information was put.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

dogstile posted:

Sure but you're not arguing that. You're just telling them over and over again that they're on the abuser's side. Pretty sure all that's achieved is Abstract bailing on the conversation because they certainly don't actually think the abuser is right.

I don't think they actually mentioned if they believe any of the accusations or not. Which is sort of telling. All they did was rant about Twitter.

By the way "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't really work here, because if you assume that, then you're automatically assuming the accuser is guilty of lying.

edit: There's also more than just the tweets, so rallying against Twitter isn't really doing much. There's Scott's medium posts about the abuses he personally experienced, and then the people who Alec hurt even after Scott gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had improved. AbstractNapper is acting like there's only one source for the accusations, and that it's pretty much just Zoe, which it isn't by far.

Not acknowledging that makes it seem like he doesn't believe them at all and is downplaying the amount of corroboration there is to these stories.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 4, 2019

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Back on actual topic, I've only played through one time, does Mae ever tell her parents the truth about why she dropped out?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Has there been any news on the physical version of this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936535434518951

Some more context as well. Hope they can make a good recovery, and am glad they're able to actually take time off for this.