Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

For reals though what's up with the janitor

My copy seemed bugged in that I got zero achievements - I think Steam Big Picture might interfere with that because I streamed the game to my TV because it looks great on a big screen.

I think I found most of the stuff in the game but not everything? I hung out with Angus but I didn't know you could 'read' windmills or whatever, I didn't bother much with Demontower, and I think I found the roof-violinist too late to complete his story because either I mistook him for background earlier in the game or I otherwise missed something.

Glad to get payoff very end with the crawlspace and tooth.

Where are the three pentagrams? One of them I got from Bea's final hangout, one of them I assume is automatic right near the end, in that I clearly saw it made out of debris but nothing special popped up, and I have no idea about the third.

edit: also does Mae suffer from dwarfism? Because at age 20 she's half the size of her parents and most of the teenagers are taller than her.
I also kinda appreciate that since she only has one sitting animation and it's normally for her leaning her arms on something stiff, when she's on a regular couch watching Garbo and Malloy it looks like she's preparing to launch herself off the couch as soon as it's polite to do so.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Asymmetrikon posted:

Think the last one is in one of the buildings in town - to the left of the stage where the person is playing an instrument on stage and there's all the pigeons. It looked like a blank poster when I played it because apparently they forgot to include that asset or something.

Now I'm wondering if I missed an entire building in town because I don't remember any person on a stage and the only building interiors in the town I remember are the apartments, the parade float storage, and the shops.
(and also one extra during the epilogue)

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

youcallthatatwist posted:

There was an issue with the cheevos in a previous build. I think it's fixed now.

I think in order to get dad to move the boxes, you have to watch tv with him every day for a while.

what kind of monster wouldn't want to watch Garbo and Malloy. THAT'S A WHOPPAH

On the other hand while it doesn't matter at all in the end, I guess things are slightly more positive if you don't talk to your mom on a certain day.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The cause of all Mae's problems turned out to be playing too many video games.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Oxxidation posted:

It's amazing how they instantly made Gregg endearing just by giving him a basic "happy" expression when everyone else's faces are relatively static.

Bea and Angus both have happy expressions, it's that they both only use them like once or twice.

--
While I understand that time is abstracted and Mae probable eats three meals a day rather than an amount between 0 and 1, it does feel a little amusing and also odd that we see Mae go to bed after removing clothes, and then wake up by putting those exact same clothes on without any washing up or showering or whatever.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Macaluso posted:

Btw the best character in the game is the Weird Teens

Weird teens are high up there but the coolest character in the game is Mr Chazokov who always has kind words for you, cares about you, lets you use his telescope and tells cool stories.
Also he has a distinctive laugh.
Is Chazokov a Dark Souls character in disguise?

edit:
It is a crime that it's not easy to rip the music from the game so you can't easily listen to the darker version of Die Anywhere Else that plays during Proximity.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 27, 2017

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Casey's icon also occasionally pops up when talking to Lori or Germ to indicate they're saying something generic about him or remembering him.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I found To the Moon pretty boring and given the length of it, aside from a weirdly gamey puzzle segment in the middle I didn't actually understand what it gained from being a game instead of a movie.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Does someone have a link to the 'Proximity' reprise of Die Anywhere Else that sounds different? I couldn't see it on the soundtrack listing.
--
At first I didn't really believe Mae being so drat tiny but then just last week I met a really small person who was not that way for medical reasons, just super short, so now I can understand Mae being both kinda round and also super little.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Opposing Farce posted:

I don't think either of these are reprises of Die Anywhere Else (appropriate as that would be), but they do both heavily feature bits of the "Bea!" leitmotif. Though the more I listen to it, the more I think that theme might itself be derived from Die Anywhere Else? At this point I'm not sure if there's a connection there or if I'm just finding patterns.

I actually think you're right - there's some snippets of it that sound similar but it's not the same song (Finding Bea is what I was looking for).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait when does it change?! I stopped checking after a few days.

Once Harfest is over the Harfest flyer is gone.