Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

AbstractNapper posted:

I did like the writing in this, the humor and the more serious parts, but when it got very deep/ philosophical or when certain characters struggled to give explanations, I was kind of lost. There were some spelling errors (some were deliberate, but some were apparently missed by QA testing) and then there was the particular way the characters spoke, and all those made certain (especially long) sentences hard to read and make sense (I am also not a native English speaker, so that factors in too) ... I guess some dialogue was also intentionally abstract, left incomplete or was supposed to make little sense. But I am left with the feeling that I didn't really understand certain characters' motivations or explanations for their actions.

Yeah, a lot of the attempts at some kind of deep or philosophical insight felt very hit-or-miss (often miss), though admittedly that kind of dialogue is extremely appropriate for a bunch of cynical young adults struggling with self-actualisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU