Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

eatenmyeyes posted:

Richard Scarry presents: True Detective

Night in the Woods has a much better ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Honestly I think most kids who drop out of college and come home have WAY more uncomfortable conversations than what's in this game. Mae gets off easy.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

They're both good, but a little clunkier than the main game. Go play

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HMS Beagle posted:

Yeah, the usual elements are now trying to co opt the game.

why should I care about this person

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why is she's going on about transformative justice for someone who wasn't facing jail time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

AbstractNapper posted:

I think this is the best and most well written (and also not rushed) thing I've read about this whole sorry series of events so far, so thanks for the link.

I love NITW, its soundtrack, its world and characters. It's not all Alex's work of course but a significant part is, and that won't change for me. I also loved Aquaria and its soundtrack. I don't think I've played any other of his games or listened to other stuff he composed. But what I experienced is beautiful work that I'll still listen, guilt free.

I also don't like whatever is happening with twitter (mostly), snap judgments, dismissive terms for groups of people (which unfortunately I've first read in this forum, but I guess that's the forum I read the most, so it was inevitable), extreme polarization of opinions, resulting abusive mobs and harassment campaigns --and I guess that's where modern politics is heading in some parts of the world? Thankfully in my country this is not adopted (not at a scale enough to be brought up, and not as part of politics) so perhaps when it inevitably hits us, a lot of conditions will be mature enough for us to handle it better.

At least without adhering to extreme absolutes and devolving to "discussions" where people are telling each other to go gently caress themselves.

go gently caress yourself