Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So what actually got added in the directors cut? I got the game in the sale just before the winter one and then heard stuff was getting added so figured I may as well wait to play it. I assumed the lady next to the snack stand in the underground was new and the junk finding boat guy as well, they just felt like the sorts of things that'd get added back in to me. Just curious what they added really.

I missed a bunch of stuff I think so definitely going to go through it again sometime, I didn't hang out with Bea at all, apparently there's some very good scene with the mom that I also missed despite talking to her every day that I could I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

When you do the Steve Scriggins hangout it turns out Gregg has been letting him shoplift in return for crimes related stuff for a while, so I don't think its as clear cut as Angus makes it out to be.

Yeah definitely agree with this. In the Gregg and Angus stuff, I definitely got the impression they're putting some of the downsides of their relationship on Mae, obviously she never says "no" to crimes but she's also never the one suggesting them. When Gregg has his moment down by the water and talks about all his insecurities regarding the relationship, that says a lot. You could definitely see Gregg as a character wanting to avoid a massive argument/possible break up by taking the easy way out and putting it more on other people. The doughnut trip is sooooo awkward though, they perfectly capture the feeling of hanging out with a couple who are arguing or really tense.

I don't envision enjoying the Bea stuff as much personally like a lot of people did but I'm looking forward to seeing it when I get round to replaying. Maybe it will be way better, it's just hanging out with Gregg is just fun and funny, Bea seemed like she'd be a downer.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 17, 2018

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wait, I saw the poetry club (in the library where Selmers does the really good anti capitalist poem right?) but I'm pretty sure I hung out with Gregg every chance I got. I don't remember having any choice about going to the library with Bea, so I think it's part of the main story as like, the initial research into the ghost poo poo. Then you get to pick two of the three to investigate specific stuff with, historical society with Gregg, old mountains with Angus and graveyard with Bea.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Larryb posted:

I've done a full Gregg route and I'm pretty sure you can only go to the library with Bea (though that particular trip might be mandatory regardless of your path, I forget). I know Selmers will only be there if you've been talking to her regularly at least.

Yeah, it was with Bea. I just think you see that scene regardless of who you've been hanging out with.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I have a feeling Night In The Woods is somewhat stained mentally for them with the thing what happened and this is going to be thematically relevant but not actually connected at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Jeez, just feels like there's never any good news in the games industry anymore. I'm sure the individuals will go on to do other cool stuff of course but even just that small trailer which was mainly just a tone piece looked like it was extremely my jam and I'm bummed that's probably never gonna manifest into anything now.