Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for another stupid season. Praise be to El Cacique, Alex Rodriguez, may he escape the clutches of the dastardly Yankees and sign with a baseball team in Japan alongside Manny Ramirez.

Last season the Hyundai Unicorns defeated someone and went home with the $60 prize.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: entry fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your ten bux is safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rules. You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. That's it on keepers, we have no other weird rules about them having to be dropped or whatever.
This year's theme is :mexico: Mexico. Please make your team a reference to the wall, Mexican culture, Mexican baseball players, or the impending NAFTA trade war :ese:

This is an ESPN league with at least 80% of the members being goons. Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which isn't nearly as awful as it sounds. It actually makes for really funny moments when someone blows a ton of money on a guy that gets demoted after one start.

This is the current roster size. I am thinking about expanding the rosters a bit, so I'm leaving it up to a vote: We can add a slot for CIF, MIF, a fourth outfielder, more pitchers, or the comedy option second catcher.

:siren: Tentative draft date is Sunday, March 26th at 8:15PM EST. :siren: I SWEAR IM NOT CHANGING IT AGAIN UGH.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

:firstpost:

I'm in again and I plan on winning this time.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Have I mailed you back? I actually don't remember getting a mail to reply to. Either way, I'm in for another season. My team was We require more vespene gas

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
So far the following owners are back:

Hyu Injury Ryu
Kim Jong Illies
Bat Flips and Bi Bim Bap
Mandatory Dingers
Hyundai Unicorns
We Require More Vespene Gas
NC Dinos

I need to really get a new email for fantasy baseball because my work email is just flooding me with stupid work crap and I drat near lost the emails.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All teams are gone, hurray!

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 21, 2017

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'll take Team One, but what's the keeper count limit?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You must keep 3.

Can I trade a player on my roster now for a extra draft pick?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kensei posted:

I'll take Team One, but what's the keeper count limit?

You have to keep three, that's the only rule (to prevent someone from keeping no one and getting three picks early in the draft).

Can you send me a PM with your email so I can invite you?

coronaball posted:

You must keep 3.

Can I trade a player on my roster now for a extra draft pick?

Wait what? We can vote on trading for draft picks if you want. Which reminds me I need to put up the new position poll.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I mean can I/we trade a player that we are not keeping to someone else for like a 4th or 5th round pick. For example, I'm probably not gonna be able to keep Miguel Cabrera, but he's probably still in the top 36 keepers in MLB. So I'd like to trade him for something.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

I mean can I/we trade a player that we are not keeping to someone else for like a 4th or 5th round pick. For example, I'm probably not gonna be able to keep Miguel Cabrera, but he's probably still in the top 36 keepers in MLB. So I'd like to trade him for something.

Does ESPN allow that? If so we can take a vote on draft pick trading.

Edit: According to this it's possible, but I think I have to manipulate the draft manually?

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 7, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm fine with trading draft picks as long as they are picks in this year's draft, not future years. Tanking in fantasy sports is lame IMO.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm fine with trading draft picks as long as they are picks in this year's draft, not future years. Tanking in fantasy sports is lame IMO.

Likewise. Plus I doubt Rand alPaul wants to keep records on trades for years and years.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yeah I won't allow that. If someone wants to trade like their 4th round pick for Miggy I'd be okay with it, I'm not sure exactly how I could do it as the LM, I suppose I'd have to manually create the draft order and everyone just trust me that I did it randomly.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I won't allow that. If someone wants to trade like their 4th round pick for Miggy I'd be okay with it, I'm not sure exactly how I could do it as the LM, I suppose I'd have to manually create the draft order and everyone just trust me that I did it randomly.

If it's the same as it is on Yahoo it shouldn't be more than a few clicks. Set the draft to snake and random order ( or do we draft in reverse order of last years standings?) Either way, you just go to edit draft order, and replace that particular draft pick.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I'll try to figure it out later, ESPN's not letting me look at the draft until I have the league full. I'd like to draft on the 19th if possible.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The 19th I will be flying back from Sacramento. We're physically moving an entire retail location to a new storefront, and I am not sure how craptastically busy my weekend will be since I get to be responsible for the servers making it thru alive - we go down early Friday and come back late Sunday. I can probably do the 24th if that's not too late, or Monday night the 20th?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'd prefer a weeknight but can do Sunday 3/19 if need be.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
If this is going to be on 3/26 at 8 est I'm in. Is that set? I might need to ask some questions on how keepers work.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doghouse posted:

If this is going to be on 3/26 at 8 est I'm in. Is that set? I might need to ask some questions on how keepers work.

Actually right now it's totally up in the air, we can move it around a lot. Some people want it on a week day. Originally the plan was to have it this Sunday but that's not going to work for a couple.

Keepers are simply that you need to keep 3 players, that's it.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I'd prefer a Sunday but i can make a weekday work, it would probably be good if we could settle on a date soon-ish though.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Rand alPaul posted:

Actually right now it's totally up in the air, we can move it around a lot. Some people want it on a week day. Originally the plan was to have it this Sunday but that's not going to work for a couple.

Keepers are simply that you need to keep 3 players, that's it.

3 and only 3? And they don't affect the rest of your draft picks? Excuse my ignorance, I've never done a keeper before

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doghouse posted:

3 and only 3? And they don't affect the rest of your draft picks? Excuse my ignorance, I've never done a keeper before

Right, you just pick three to keep before the draft.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

I'd prefer a Sunday but i can make a weekday work, it would probably be good if we could settle on a date soon-ish though.

As soon as we get a full league I will send out an email and talk to everyone here, I'm in agreement, I'm kinda of anxious now about nailing down a time.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Ok. If you decide to draft on the 26th at 8 est and you still need a team, let me know.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I can probably do the 26th.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you guys do Sunday the 26th at 7pm EST? It'd be an hour earlier.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I think that works for me!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay cool if it works for Doghouse I'll invite and put up the poll and hit everyone up for $10 and we'll be rolling.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Can you guys do Sunday the 26th at 7pm EST? It'd be an hour earlier.

Fine with me

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

yep that draft time works. Can you post the draft order ahead of time so I can start shopping Miggy?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey guys I haven't heard back from Doghouse so we're still waiting on one player. :(

coronaball posted:

yep that draft time works. Can you post the draft order ahead of time so I can start shopping Miggy?

I think I got it to work, let me know if it doesn't let you try to trade your pick.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Hey guys I haven't heard back from Doghouse so we're still waiting on one player. :(

I think I got it to work, let me know if it doesn't let you try to trade your pick.

Seems to work!

Now taking offers for Miguel Cabrera, Springer, or Lindor

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'll join and take that team. Hit me with the deets

southshoresamurai 27 at hot mail dot com

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'll join and take that team. Hit me with the deets

southshoresamurai 27 at hot mail dot com

You are my hero! You just have to keep 3 players (I know that team sucks I'm sorry) and I'll email you the invite. Draft is Sunday the 26th at 8:15pm EST

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 21, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I don't think the team is that bad, really. EE and MadBum are quality keepers. Cruz is good if he doesn't break a hip.

e: Keepers chosen.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I hate to be a jerk but I have to move the draft back an hour to 8:15PM EST. I know that's what it originally was at and this preseason has been a nightmare, so I'm sorry! Going to switch it now and schedule it on ESPN. And I'm putting up the poll in the league for what extra roster spot we want. Also going to send out paypal emails.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 21, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Ok I hate to be a jerk but I have to move the draft back an hour to 8:15PM EST. I know that's what it originally was at and this preseason has been a nightmare, so I'm sorry! Going to switch it now and schedule it on ESPN. And I'm putting up the poll in the league for what extra roster spot we want. Also going to send out paypal emails.

I am on the West Coast so that time is actually better!

SSS I sent you a trade.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That actually kinda screws me a bit. I already have a draft scheduled that night for 9:30pm. :\

Also, is it really overall W-L records? Not individual categories? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah in this league you win or lose or tie each week, like in fantasy football (IIRC, I haven't played fantasy FB in years), and yes it sucks when a win turns into a loss on sunday night when your RP blows a hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

That actually kinda screws me a bit. I already have a draft scheduled that night for 9:30pm. :\

Also, is it really overall W-L records? Not individual categories? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

For some reason ESPN is not letting me schedule it at 8PM, it gives me only the option for 8:15 or 7:45. I have no idea why. I tried looking at their FAQ and I cannot come up with an explanation. If I can move it to 8 I would, is 7:45 preferable for everyone?

• Locked thread