Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally have a computer that can run this so now I'm really getting into this game. I restarted and made sure my pawn doesn't have an insane Alvin and the chipmunks voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i finally got through the tutorial area and made my guy. im gonna stream my first time playin this on the weekend probably lol im hype everyone tells me it's incredible

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really good, I think I'm not minding replaying the beginning because it's not at 11 fps lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

it's really good, I think I'm not minding replaying the beginning because it's not at 11 fps lol.

that was the main reason i never got it on ps3 lol i was like "they really thought this was fine?"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a shame, this game is majorly good. Except for the lack of save slots and that auto saves have cost me 15 minutes of playtime lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Made it through that awful trophy transport in one try. The cow was on a magic pixel after taking an explosive barrel lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played this last january when the PC version came out and had a blast. I wonder if my pawn is still on the server or whatever. feel free to rent her out, shes a beast

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
This is a fun DD resource

http://imgur.com/gallery/FxAl5

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I played this last january when the PC version came out and had a blast. I wonder if my pawn is still on the server or whatever. feel free to rent her out, shes a beast

I couldn't find yours, if your steam name is in training, but some dude on my friends list has a pawn that's almost with the top 100 pawns on the leader board

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm gonna start up a new game in this, add me if you wanna http://steamcommunity.com/id/crimsonharvest/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I got super into this game and put 90 hours into it but gave up on the boss at the bottom of the arisen dungeon and just finished the main story instead.

I should try it again in new game +

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this friggin rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I made my pawn Wendy from The Shining. Gonna be a utility/debuff mage.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The tradition continues

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Where did you find my first Dragon's Dogma character?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i finally got started on this and im hooked. the beginning is terrible but once it lets you loose on the world and gives you a bunch of bounties it's badass

very impressed enter a cave behind a waterfall, or a little opening on a hill and find a whole zelda dungeon with keys and shortcuts behind it, the rewards are unique powerful gear. im in a cave rn full of these big troll monsters..idk what to do against them they just have HP for days

the save system is really dumb, idk how they could fuddle something like it. you dont even have save slots so you'd think it would aggressively autosave but if youre out exploring a while and get killed by the local dragon, instead of just waking up in town with some money missing like every other game ever it just puts you back at your last save, which may have been hours ago. this game was made in like 2013??

that aside its a fantastic game and im gonna play it a lot more today

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lack of good autosave is bad but if you open the menu you can save with a single button press. if you're using a controller it should be the select button or similar

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i finally got started on this and im hooked. the beginning is terrible but once it lets you loose on the world and gives you a bunch of bounties it's badass

very impressed enter a cave behind a waterfall, or a little opening on a hill and find a whole zelda dungeon with keys and shortcuts behind it, the rewards are unique powerful gear. im in a cave rn full of these big troll monsters..idk what to do against them they just have HP for days

the save system is really dumb, idk how they could fuddle something like it. you dont even have save slots so you'd think it would aggressively autosave but if youre out exploring a while and get killed by the local dragon, instead of just waking up in town with some money missing like every other game ever it just puts you back at your last save, which may have been hours ago. this game was made in like 2013??

that aside its a fantastic game and im gonna play it a lot more today

Oh are you talkin about the shorter-than-a-cyclops Ogres? They're brown, and have some sick pro wrestling moves? You might just want to run or do them later, unless you've got a mage with fire and/or something to debilitate them like blindness or slowing.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i covered em in oil and lit them up and they went down real quicklike.

i got stuck on some cliffs in the middle of the night after killing twin trolls. gonna pick it up later but love everything so far, deeply annoyed by the NPC ai lol but whatever. it's impressive enough that they can traverse the world so far. just pisses me off when im telling them to run away from something but they stay back and die

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I climbed on the one in the Everfall and it fell to the bottom. I survived and skipped the whole dungeon

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

I climbed on the one in the Everfall and it fell to the bottom. I survived and skipped the whole dungeon

I swear this is scripted

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Garry Parrish posted:

I swear this is scripted

I've done the mission before with it happening. But when I had it close to the edge I knew it was my time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got mad at the worm things coming out from underneathe because its not really clear that you should run away..and then you find out how bad the AI is at running away lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Garry Parrish posted:

I swear this is scripted

That or the ledges were just designed to be small enough that it happens to everybody

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't remember that happening to me. Maybe it did though. I just remember my pawn saying how ogres like women or something and then he ran off with her and it was creepy.

Anyways, I love this game, glad you guys are playing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Le Dragon's Doge is win.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I installed this again, add me on steam to use my pawn http://steamcommunity.com/id/jerkops/ I might mess with my savefile to start back at level 1 and keep all my stuff though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is good as hell. Have fun OP and don't make the mistake I always do of worrying way too much about stats

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm focused on cool looking moves

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Then you are playing correctly

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Le Dragon's Doge is win.

Retarded_Clown_