Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I think it's unfair that you get a game over just for repeating 230 back to them. You can't tell people it's your number, but you should be able to do anything with it that wouldn't indicate it belongs to you. Like I would think refusing to echo 230 would be more of a tell than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Hit the escape key on every screen you can. It's the key to escape, right? So maybe if you hit it in the right place, it'll let you escape.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Can you turn the power off all the way in town hall? I'm just curious if the simulation shuts down then, because you...turned off the power. Like unplugging the system.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
So the game keeps repeating "no man is an island" over and over, just like the key to escape is the key to escape. But we've yet to see either no man or an island. The village is specifically not on an island, at least in the show. So what does it mean? Keep going long enough in one direction and you'll escape?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
You're right, I wasn't communicating well enough. In Many Happy Returns it's established that the village is probably on an island off the west coast of North Africa. But there's more to said island than just the village, even if it's uninhabited mountain terrain. The village itself isn't surrounded on four sides by water.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Wow, that's such a bad pun, it just might work.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
So happy this LP didn't die! I'm also impressed with how few lines of code they needed to make that whole little sim. Neat.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Welp, that hit the "so stupid it hurts" button hard. It's a fair enough puzzle in a game that lets you know it plays that way, but so far things haven't gotten that meta in The Prisoner. It doesn't help that we're not in the mindset of the era when this was published, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get why typing [wt] would pull the plug. Unless it's just a completely arbitrary thing.

• Locked thread