Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I assume you get past that stage of the pit minigame by walking as far up the side as you're allowed, and then "jumping" (which might be what the being-able-to-walk-a-bit-into-the-pit represents) across the corner. Jumping being the thing that was prohibited in the first round but isn't prohibited the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ManxomeBromide posted:

I'm not completely sure because it's doing some kind of memory I/O in the 2000 range, but I think the counter is only updated when you change a value, perhaps.

This seems entirely plausible, in previous plays as things were being decreased it would stop every 10 for an event message. The trick is that it's not just to survive ten events, we have to survive at least ten events and then trigger the end-of-game.

Actually triggering the end-of-game requires us to return from the routine at 2000, which seems to require the value at 16384 to be 185, and I'm not sure what controls that value.

• Locked thread