Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

Reviewing the video, I believe, based on the code for the Clues program, that it's reading from the file, PR.LOST. So, perhaps next time you quit the game, you can check that one out.

Okay, so loading PR.LOST doesn't work,but what happens if you load and then run CLUES? It might generate a random clue without costing you 10 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Twilkitri posted:

So for the village simulation, as far as I can remember your original attempt showed that:
- Decreasing Gates while there's a lot of Security results in Security eventually restoring Gates
- Decreasing Security while there's a lot of Ext. Comms. results in the outside world eventually restoring Security
- Decreasing Security also causes the population to start killing each other

and while you were decreasing Ext. Comms. the simulation ended. (Because too many people had died?)

So one option might be to try zeroing Ext. Comms., then Security, then Gates from the start and see if more people escape than kill each other. (Or find out if there's something else which restores Ext. Comms. that didn't get a chance previously.)

Yes, I think trying to reduce population to zero before your time runs out might be a good thing to try.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
So, the Caretaker promotes unity. Can we get every stat in Sim City into units, ie between 1 and 10?

• Locked thread