Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

You want information? You won't get it.

By hook or by crook, we will!

This show was batshit insane in the best/worst kind of way. The variance by episode was incredibly high, but the highs were really, really high. I'm interested in where this game goes!

edit: Also, you've done the like two people who haven't already seen the show a disservice by not linking this! The Prisoner has one of the most awesome instrumental-only opening themes I can think of. It's just so distinctive!

vdate fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

So does the game turn out to be totally unwinnable if your RNG resignation code happens to match/be contained in anything else, like your bank ID?

I assume the game is coded to avoid that. I get the feeling that it's willing to break the usual assumptions, but I think that to make it an interesting game they avoided making it unwinnable by coincidence.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Domus posted:

I think it's unfair that you get a game over just for repeating 230 back to them. You can't tell people it's your number, but you should be able to do anything with it that wouldn't indicate it belongs to you. Like I would think refusing to echo 230 would be more of a tell than anything.

If you think 'fair' has anything to do with anything in The Prisoner, then you've failed to understand the phrase 'by hook or by crook, we will.'

Admittedly, I'm basing this on the show, but a BIG part of The Prisoner was about loving with the protagonist's head and trying to trick him into revealing the reason for his resignation.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
For some reason (it may have even been referenced in the videos proper, and I just spaced out) I just realized that the game uses the # to refer to the character. You ARE, after all, a number, protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.

• Locked thread