Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh hell yeah. Subscribed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Andrew Plotkin did a fantastic writeup of this game that I will link when you are done.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, I will turn it down. This time I reduced it by 10-11dB, next time I'll go with 20.

It was definitely ok at the autoduck volume, if that helps.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SelenicMartian posted:

So, what next?

Now you tell us why you resigned.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Domus posted:

So the game keeps repeating "no man is an island" over and over, just like the key to escape is the key to escape. But we've yet to see either no man or an island. The village is specifically not on an island, at least in the show. So what does it mean? Keep going long enough in one direction and you'll escape?

It appears to be on an island in at least one episode, if I remember correctly.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Looking at this, keeping security at 100% means no fights. If there's a fight there's a (security)% chance it'll be stopped.

Keeping water or food at 100% means no riots. There's a (security/10)% chance of a riot starting IF a random number is higher than either the water or food values, and a (security/10)% chance of security stopping the riot.

Those two and terrorism are the only things that can increase deaths, but: no deaths means no water lines are ever blown up.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 9, 2017

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jabor posted:

This seems entirely plausible, in previous plays as things were being decreased it would stop every 10 for an event message. The trick is that it's not just to survive ten events, we have to survive at least ten events and then trigger the end-of-game.

Actually triggering the end-of-game requires us to return from the routine at 2000, which seems to require the value at 16384 to be 185, and I'm not sure what controls that value.

I think you can just quit it at that point.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ManxomeBromide posted:

Given what "should" be happening there, I think it might be scanning the keyboard. This might be as simple as picking 9 off the menu. As further evidence of this, 185 is 57 (the ASCII code for '9') + 128 (maybe the top bit = key pressed? It's looping waiting for the value to be at least 128 there for a bit...)

According to Apple II docs, PEEK(-16384) gives you the ASCII value of the pressed key + 128, so 9 should indeed do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Congratulations, Six.

Here's Andrew Plotkin's summary I mentioned I would be posting.

• Locked thread