Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kangra
May 7, 2012

That made me rewatch that episode.

Incidentally, you were wondering about one of the book questions (it's a bit unfortunate how American the game is, given how British the TV series was). All the President's Men is the title of Woodward and Bernstein's account of how they broke the Watergate scandal that caused the resignation of President Richard Nixon. Whereas the The Final Days was a follow-up by the same authors, chronicling the inside story of the Nixon White House at the time of the scandal. I suppose it depends on which side of the story you're interested in. I was going to say only the first was adapted into a movie, but IMDB says there was a made-for-TV version of The Final Days in 1989.

Although the game actually asks you to choose between The Final Days and All the President's Menoval office, which may well be a different book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The resignation screen mentions a few bits of information that seem like they could be important. 'AUTHORITY' is 'US IN-T', which probably just suggests we're with American intelligence. Then below the Resignation subject there is this:

pre:
CROSSFILE: SUB.MISSION
 PROJECT ANTIBODY

THIS FILE IS CODED AS ISLE
Followed by the resignation code. So this is 'crossfiled' with something called Project Antibody. That could be a codename for anything, but given that cloning has been brought up, it sounds a little suspicious. A clone might be an 'anti-' body. Not only that, but the file is coded as 'isle'. Is there a chance we were meant to resign and go to the island as a sort of undercover mission, so that we could expose their secret cloning operation?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

So CT% is ostensibly the counter for the number of times you change a value ... except there's a bug/intentional feature where it gets modified regardless of the key pressed (lines 2013-2014 update it and fire off random events every 10 times, but the check for 'D'/'I' happens in 2015). All you should have to do is select a value to change, hit a key that doesn't change it, and repeat x100.

You'll know that this is working if you get an event Never mind, as Manxome Bromide points out, random events fire constantly when it's waiting for input.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread