Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

quote:

Holmes: Did Russell give you any advice?

Reynolds: He just reached out to me and said he liked my character. He told me some people that he thinks I can trust. The ones that he’s played with that stabbed people in the back. He gave me his opinions on each one of them. He loves Tai and thinks we should stay close even though people are going to want to separate us. But he didn’t give me any gameplay advice. I haven’t watched “Survivor” from way back. So, the people he spoke to me about, I said, “I don’t know anything about them,” and he gave me some tips. But heck, I wish I had more info.

So Caleb is anti-Sandra and Tony because Russell talked poo poo about them to him and those words filled up the vacuous empty tissue that is Caleb's mind. Got it.

edit: Holy poo poo, Brad Culpepper is such a train wreck

https://parade.com/551438/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-brad-culpepper/

edit 2: Hahaha these other players are throwing so much shade at Brad too:
Malcolm Freberg (Philippines, Caramoan): I’ve talked a lot about the things that I have learned and what I have now that I didn’t have in the arsenal before. But looking at a few names here and the egos you have to deal with? I just have no tolerance for that.

Josh Wigler (Survivor press, Parade): Didn’t you play with Phillip Shephard?

Malcolm Freberg (Philippines, Caramoan): Yeah, but his big football playing cousin is here.

Sarah Lacina (Cagayan): In the airport, he threw a fit. He had a checked bag and a carry-on. They told him his carry-on is too big and he threw a fit about it. I’m like, “Oh man, this guy is a prima donna: ‘I’m Brad Culpepper, I can do whatever I want.'”

Michaela Bradshaw (Millennials vs Gen X): I’m not a suck up type of person. I don’t even suck up to my boss. That’s one thing I’m working on. I’m at Ponderosa and I’m trying to write all these suck-uppy lines for people like Brad Culpepper. “Man, you are such a beast in these challenges, and you carry your team, man. People just don’t understand your intensity. But I get it. There’s nothing wrong with you. People are afraid of you and that’s why they target you. I think we’re a very unlikely pair, and so if we team up, you can go a lot further in this game.”

Josh Wigler (Survivor press, Parade): And do you mean any of that?

Michaela Bradshaw (Millennials vs Gen X): NO!

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's going to be interesting where Brad falls because he's going to irritate a lot of people, but he's also the perfect goat. Honestly he probably has a higher chance going on Day 1 than Hali.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Culpepper thinks taking Sandra to the end would be good for him, lol.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would not be at all surprised to see a Caleb/Culpeper bromance/teamup.

ApplesandOranges posted:

According to his interview Caleb thinks Sandra shouldn't have won HvV over Russell, so I'm going to say he's either a cautious Poison or he really doesn't know how to play the game.

He also wants to take Cirie to the end for some reason, so I'm leaning towards the latter.

This is the BB Caleb I half expect to emerge. The guy who thinks it's all about muscle and glory so can't understand why a Sandra or Cirie is a threat or player. We never saw any of this in his first season because he wasnt around long enough to get into the game.

Then question is if hes still a hilarious pathological liar and if there's any chance of that making air, or will they leave it to Debbie's gimmick?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Piell posted:

Shocking news: Caleb is an idiot who doesn't know how to play Survivor

Damnit. He was so likable in Kaoh Rong too.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
People on here interested in doing a weekly survivor quiz challenge thing? Kind of like the one that used to get run in the TAR thread?

I've set up a Google form for my friends which we are using, I'm happy to make a copy and post the link here if people are interested? It's just poo poo like "Will an idol be found" "who will be voted out" etc. I'm happy to keep a running tally and post the results here if you want.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

One World. Just so you can hate such a bad cast for what could have been a good twist.

I don't even understand the point of One World. They still had separate camps. It really should have been one single camp so that cross-tribe alliances could have formed because people from two tribes going out to get water together or just sitting in the ocean would have been happening all the time.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

The first seven minutes were posted on CBS's website.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

aidoru posted:

The first seven minutes were posted on CBS's website.

:laffo: at Tribe Ozzy getting an instant gear advantage.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you pay close enough attention to the buff colours, you can tell at least one player that gets a second colour buff. I don't know why production doesn't take more care with their editing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's that? Timestamp or screenshot?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't know how much I should or shouldn't say with respect to keeping spoilers out of this thread. I certainly prefer not to be spoiled.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Spoiler tag it? Link it? It's speculation based on an officially released video.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:siren: SPOILERS :siren:

Do not read this unless you want to be spoiled on some players making it further in the game.

Between 2:10 and 2:30.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I didn't see any weird colors. Are you talking about the orange buffs looking redder when wet?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, it's all just red and blue buffs... that being said, the first swap is probably gonna be at 18 with a 3 tribe switch based on past seasons with 20.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't want to say anything else as the conversation has already left spoiler tags. Too much!

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
The first time I watched those 7 minutes I was hyped but tbh it could be better. 5 minutes of fluff on the ridiculous Game Changers theme. Only good part was JT saying that Sandra wouldn't be the only two-time winner

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

cant believe I was spoiled that there doing tribes again this season

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Every time Jeff Probst references Ciera voting out her mother, take a drink

Every time Jeff Probst says "Dig Deep" or "Big Moves", takes a drink

Die of alcohol poisoning before the end of the first episode

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That remidns me. Anyone have more money than sense this season?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Are you pumped for the new season of the hit reality television show Survivor?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I did a $20 draft where everyone gets two players, chosen at random, winner takes all. I got Sierra and Hali and honestly feel pretty good about it.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

JesusSinfulHands posted:

The first time I watched those 7 minutes I was hyped but tbh it could be better. 5 minutes of fluff on the ridiculous Game Changers theme. Only good part was JT saying that Sandra wouldn't be the only two-time winner

How many times did you watch it?

Hell why did anyone watch it once poo poo airs tomorrow

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lampsacus posted:

My expectations are low so hopefully I will like it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

My excitement level is low because I am not a big fan of returning player seasons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoy returning player seasons at least partly because it eliminates that awkward first couple of weeks where I can't tell people apart and can't keep the tribes or alliances straight. A returning player season is basically like jumping in on the 3rd or 4th season when Im getting caught up.

Of course I pay no attention outside of this thread to the pre-season hype and interviews and stuff so a lot of people seem to already have impressions of first timers when I tend to have no idea going in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I did a $20 draft where everyone gets two players, chosen at random, winner takes all. I got Sierra and Hali and honestly feel pretty good about it.

In our Survivor game, I've got Sandra. Man, I really hope she goes 3-0. :D

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Trying out Fantasy Survivor Game with some of my friends, $10 buy-in. Picked Ciera to win it. As much as I'd like to see Tony or Sandra win again, I think they have too much of a target on their backs.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoy returning player seasons at least partly because it eliminates that awkward first couple of weeks where I can't tell people apart and can't keep the tribes or alliances straight. A returning player season is basically like jumping in on the 3rd or 4th season when Im getting caught up.

Of course I pay no attention outside of this thread to the pre-season hype and interviews and stuff so a lot of people seem to already have impressions of first timers when I tend to have no idea going in.

That is part of the reason I dont like returning players. We already know them, and have already seen them. Plus it seems like they have a very small list of people who they keep inviting back, so everyone seems knows each other inside the game and outside the game. I dont listen to the Survivor podcasts so at least from the way everyone talks in the thread it seems as though a lot are friends outside the game and that obviously plays a role on whats happening in the game. Just not a big fan of stuff outside the game influencing in game.

Also the cast this time seems pretty lackluster overall. The title of the season doesnt seem very appropriate with the amount of people who really didnt change the game at all. We dont really need to see Ozzie and Cirie a 4th loving time. Or Malcom for a third time in what like 5 or 6 seasons? Really the only positive outcome for this season for me is Sandra somehow winning a third time. But I see the chances of that as near 0 and I dont really even see her lasting more than one or two tribals.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 9, 2017

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Lampsacus posted:

No, for some reason. And yet HvV, Micronesia and Cambodia are my favourites.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Trying out Fantasy Survivor Game with some of my friends, $10 buy-in. Picked Ciera to win it. As much as I'd like to see Tony or Sandra win again, I think they have too much of a target on their backs.

RIP :10bux:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like returning player seasons, just my hope is very low when they call it Game Changers when a few members of the cast didn't do very much in their season. They really could have just went with the Old Vs. New School with the cast and it would probably feel alright.

Also, now every time there is a twist this season Jeff is going to call it a Game Changertm. And then refer to it multiple times during tribal about how it's a game changer.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Ugh somehow totally forgot Debbie was back.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I don't think I've gotten on SA since the last season ended. Woohoo! I haven't watched all of the seasons, so I still haven't seen some of these people play. I also have a poo poo memory so I'm banking on you guys reminding me of things.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

fgsfds

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't care about the name and I never care about the gimmick. I always find it dumb when people complain a lot about that when we all know there's just going to be a tribe swap 3 or 4 weeks in that kills the gimmick. So just ignore the name. Who besides Jeff Probst cares if Zeke wasn't a 'gamechanger?"

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/839643085294481412

Here we go! :D

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
10 minutes in and Tai'd drowning chickens. What a 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Tai putting his body at risk for the chickens of course

• Locked thread