Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Goddamn that would have been a crazy comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeff hasn't been too kind to Varner thus far.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I can't lose all the challenges and win Survivor!"

Malcolm do you remember what happened in your first season

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Man that would have been so great if Malcolm had Reynolded that challenge

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

xbilkis posted:

He can't lose all the challenges and win Survivor, even if Denise can.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jeff hasn't been too kind to Varner thus far.

I think it was Varner than Jeff and company didn't want at all but the network forced their hand

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Yeah, he lost Survivor.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Tony won his season? I don't remember this happening.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"If you don't ever play with it you'll never know you can get burned..."

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

RIP Sandra

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Arcanen posted:

He can't lose all the challenges and win Survivor, even if Denise can.

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah, he lost Survivor.

Denise and Malcolm played pretty much identical premerge games and Malcolm hosed up at the end

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I can't lose Sandra for a tribe to win challenges right before a probable swap. I CANNOT.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

xbilkis posted:

Denise and Malcolm played pretty much identical premerge games and Malcolm hosed up at the end

It's the internet, we're being pedantic.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

xbilkis posted:

If he had won the last immunity challenge he'd have won that season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh no, Sandra...

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
i cant breathe

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
SHE GOT THEM TO SPLIT THE VOTE

OH MY GOD

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

QUEEN SANDRA RULES ONCE MORE!!!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

PARTIN' BLOWS god i loving love this show

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

What just happened

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

I love this season so far.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"That's what you get. Take yo rear end home." :laffo:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Did Aubry vote for Tony and Tony for Aubry?

My god

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Whelp. RIP to my fantasy league.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm going to laugh if they let Sandra get post merge again

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Did Aubry vote for Tony and Tony for Aubry?

My god

Yeah Sandra and Tony voted for Aubry, and everyone else was on Tony.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Sandra manipulating Tony's allies to vote him out while she and Tony vote Aubry.

I can't breathe.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Long live the queen!

nerox
May 20, 2001
I am :psyduck: on how Sandra pulled that off.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Against all odds, Sandra and Tony actually survive the first vote AND get their poo poo together long enough to form a majority alliance to protect each other. Tony totally deserves his early boot here for throwing that miracle away by antagonizing the fifth member of the extremely fragile five he put together. Definitely disappointing to see Tony (and Ciera too) out so early, but also a pretty exciting and satisfying (and funny!) episode.

Hoping Cirie can salvage her game at the swap, since I would love to see her go deep again. Also hoping Sandra can creep back in the shadows now that Tony is gone, because while playing from the front worked for her here I don't think it will work for much longer.

ETA: Also hoping the start of the next episode explains who exactly filled Malcolm, Caleb, and Aubry in on the vote and convinced them to change. It seems like Varner and Michaela flirted with both sides before choosing Sandra's side, and then probably told Malcolm/Caleb/Aubry that Sandra had the numbers and there was nothing they could do. But it'd be kind of interesting actually seeing Michaela and Varner get on the same page there, and also a little surprising that Caleb didn't try to go down with the ship since that seems like a very Caleb thing to do.

mancalamania fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 9, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ciera getting voted out first might rival Ozzy's Micronesia blindside for my single most favorite survivor moment ever.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
While I don't think Sandra will get anywhere CLOSE to the end this time, she's proving she wasn't a two time fluke.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The first part was a bit boring (as premieres usually are unless something insane happens), but seeing Ciera go down so easily was satisfying. and then seeing Tony lose his goddamned mind and play himself out of the game in short order was MAGNIFICENT. Tony might be upset, but I don't really think he diminished his legend. It's just, he has a trick that only works once.

I'm kinda glad that tribe (Mana?) went twice, because they have some fun characters, especially Sandra, but of course also Tony, Varner, Michaela, and Malcolm. and Hali's googly eyes, which were one of the best parts of Worlds Apart. :stare:
also because Cirie would've been booted if the other tribe had gone. Huzzah! I think the swap will benefit her. Probably. at least, I think some people on the other tribe would be more willing to play with her, and if she's not on the same tribe as Ozzy or DEBBIE, she's got it made.

I guess it's sad two power players went out first, but both of them played this...poorly. If they had survived the vote, neither Ciera nor Tony would've made it much further.

I lowkey love JT's strategy. dude put on a fuckton of weight, and is just cruising under the radar. Everybody was talking up Tony and Sandra, but we didn't see much paranoia about JT. probably there was some, but eh.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It helps that he was on the winning tribe and they didn't get much screen time outside of setting up the Ozzy vs. Cirie and Tai giving all the tribes food to the chickens.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

The Once, Twice, and Future Queen

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Goddamn that might be one of the most exciting hours of Survivor I've ever watched. Sandra is truly the loving Queen and she's running that poo poo like a mother loving boss.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But, yeah, that seemed mostly like not Sandra, but Caleb/Malcolm/Varner/Michaela deciding who went home, with the hopes of bringing in Aubry for the next vote.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
That's pretty specific lol. You're assigning way too much intelligence to that group of players. The most plausible scenario: Sandra gathered that group of five and the minority four panicked and voted how they thought would save them. Hence Sandra getting no votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
drat

I <3 Sandra and h8 Tony but I'm a little concerned that her very publicly curb stomping him will come back to bite her

• Locked thread