Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
A shame Caleb got sent out due to a tribe change, but that's just how it happens some times. I'm fairly sure he has a strong shot at a Big Brother All Stars season now that he has even more CBS reality screentime on his resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It's been okay so far. It's playing out like a very vanilla Survivor from about 7 years ago. No crazy shenanigans or huge moves. There's also no hidden idol in play, and they do have Redemption Island. They air two episodes a week and it's been a been a bit weird pacing wise, since one episode is the Redemption comp and Reward challenge, and the next episode is the Immunity challenge and tribal. It also has a reduced budget compared to an American season, so no huge challenges.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

For those who were interested in watching Survivor New Zealand, while the pacing is still a bit off, it looks like the gameplay is actually avoiding some pitfalls that I thought might hit first timers. This most recent episode... Avoided the easy Pagoning that looked like was coming for awhile and completely mixed things up with people turning on each other. Looks like the back half of the game will be a big mess now.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Put me down as another positive take on this new season of Australian Survivor. It's still early, and this thing runs FOREVER, so it could get padded to hell at some point, but through the first five episodes there's been a nice mix of challenges, game wrinkles and gameplay. Anxiously waiting to see whether the Cookie King will reign in his glorious eternal empire, or be taken out in a peasant uprising.

Teek fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 9, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Australian Survivor Season 4 Episode 11: No vote out, instead a vote to choose someone to search for a super idol. Not the Tyler Perry Idol, but an idol that *cancels* another played idol (and also apparently includes a secondary normal idol). It's an interesting concept, and I guess this adds to the meta-game. Not sure how I really feel about it until I see it in practice, but it seems like a simple "gently caress you!" "No, gently caress you!" deal. At a certain point, they could just have not hidden another normal idol?... I guess the rub comes out in if the person who found it will tell their tribe or not what they really found. Also this just gives another chance for tribal drama.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 29, 2017

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Australian Survivor Season 4 Episode 20: Apparently I don't know jack-all about winner edits, because I was really sure that the person voted out was getting a winner edit for like the last 10 episodes. The players are really killing it this season, it's been crazy.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There's not many weeks left of it, about 2? We could keep it in this thread when it gets abandoned for the new US season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Can anyone shoot me a PM where I can watch Aussie Survivor? I had a dailymotion that was posting it but they only posted thru like episode 5 and I'd like to watch the rest.

Sent. Definitely worth a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Australian Survivor Finale! They copied the finale structure of US this season, we got Action Jonathan as he traveled back to Australia for the live show. Happy with the winner, though I think I was rooting for different players these last few weeks. The winner really shouldn't have made it past final four though, bad move by the runner up.

• Locked thread