Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
That is an excellent OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'm not sure how many people see her as a challenge threat on this season. I don't remember her getting a ton of opportunity so far.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Why did Cirie vote Michaela "to keep them alive"?

Max posted:

I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned that they'll just deal with having no fish for a few more days and still be able to win a million.

Pretty sure Sandra has said that at least once. And if not I can totally imagine her saying it.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I just don't get why you'd gently caress around with your vote like that. Votes go "wrong" (depending on perspective) all the time. Just write with your wrong hand and lie to everyone about who you voted for.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I buy those explanations for Cirie's vote, thanks y'all.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't want this to turn into a seminar in how to plan, shoot, edit, and shop a pilot

Go for it. What the hell else do we have to talk about between episodes.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I feel like Sarah said "hey minority alliance, I'm voting for Debbie the Lying Liar who Lied Also I Hate Liars, y'all do what you want" and the others happily went along.

Poque posted:

I'm really looking forward to the final 6 tribal council where somebody is voted out 6-0 after their vote is stolen and every other person is immune due to regular immunity, three hidden idols, and the legacy advantage being played.

It occurred to me that stealing someone's vote could work a little weird. Maybe if you steal my vote it's like you're telling me whose name to write down. And I can't vote for myself no matter how loud you yell at me.

I don't think that's how it'll work. But it's a thought.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

Aubrey told Sarah that Debbie is a lying liar, convinced Sarah to go against her own alliance of 6 and vote off Debbie.

Largely agreed, though it seemed like Sarah was well on her way to flipping. Cirie deserves some credit for getting Sarah going. I think this was all mentioned upthread, but there was also some "why Debbie?" posts that confused me because it seemed pretty straightforward.

I'm curious to see who tries to claim credit at final tribal, as I imagine the flip to be a talking point for someone up there.

This is probably a dumb question but: is there any way Sarah can pretend she wasn't the flipper?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

Final 6 tribal:
Andrea wins Immunity
Sierra plays her legacy advantage
Troy plays his HII
Sarah plays her vote steal (and receives no votes)
Tai plays his HII
Cirie convinces Tai to put his other HII on her.

No one gets voted out?! What would happen?

I would think the non-immune players do the usual tiebreak thing (draw rocks?). If there's only one such player, they lose by default. So in your scenario, Sarah (and Sierra if the legacy advantage doesn't confer immunity) draw rocks.

Not sure what happens if literally everyone is immune. No vote, go home, come back tomorrow now that a bunch of idols are used up?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That'd work!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'm curious how much of this was planned and how much just worked out. It's entirely possible that Sarah:

• Figured out Cirie was stirring poo poo.
• Rules-lawyered Cirie into outing themselves.
• Voted out Cirie's probably permanent ally because you can boot Cirie anytime and besides who's gonna trust them after that tribal.

In which case yep, that's some prize-worthy 3D chess poo poo.

But that seems like an awful lot of dominoes toppling exactly the right way.

Agreed on needing some goddamn competent editing/Extreme Ways. What an unfollowable clusterfuck.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Schlonged Again posted:

What was the point of stealing Tai's vote and using it to vote for someone Tai would have voted for anyway? Why vote out Michaela instead of Cirie?

Michaela might win immunity.

(I've no answer for your first question. Episode was a mess.)

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

also I'm team not-Sarah because her intensely frank style of Midwest copspeak is unsettling. Anyone but Sarah.

I love that Cirie, and Michaela by the end, always call her Officer Sarah. You can feel the mistrust.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Tai really is a baffling player.

And I think I kinda like that. Would be awful to play against though.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cirie is equally fatally flawed as Russell Hantz. There is no conceivable scenario where either of them wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xbilkis posted:

She probably would have won Fans vs. Favorites if there wasn't a surprise F2, right?

I don't remember FvF at all (though I did watch it) so that's entirely possible. I was more trying (and failing) to be inflammatory.

• Locked thread