Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Codependent Poster posted:

I remember the one time they kicked Brandon Hantz off right after a challenge because he was acting psycho and people were scared. It was kinda sorta an immediate tribal.

I got the impression that Probst was only treating it like tribal and taking 'votes' in an attempt to put a veneer of normalism over Hantz being ejected and keeping him from flying off the handle.
EDIT: Like...remember, Jeff was having to maintain physical contact with Brandon the entire time

jivjov fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Here's Varner's apology he posted to twitter:

I wonder how much of that is sincere and how much of it is rear end-covering

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Zeke I think had accepted that getting publicly outed was a very real possibility; which most likely helped him deal with it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Zeke addresses the topic of forgiveness in that article posted a page or so back; he basically said "forgiving doesn't mean forgetting or being okay with what happened. He made a mistake, I don't think he was trying to be malicious, but it still was hurtful. I may be able to say I forgive him but we're not going to be friends or anything"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Can confirm. If it's even half as fun as the season Cena ran, it'll be a complete blast!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Poque posted:

Jeff, can you throw your hands up and say Fans Win Immunity?

I'm still ever so slightly disappointed that Jeff never got around to that.

Probably for the best though

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hopefully Tai has managed to put together another fake idol like he did last time taking bits off the real idols.

I wonder if there could ever be a point where someone removed so much stuff from the real idol that it stopped being allowed as an idol

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
New plan! Champs vs. Chumps. One tribe of winners, one tribe of first boots. Francesca can try to go 3/3

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's gotta be the latter, especially given that we keep hearing that most of the casting is done themeless and then a theme is forced upon the people they've found. This upcoming season seems to be a notable exception.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if Varner is gonna show his face at the reunion

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ahh, I don't follow a lot of the behind the scenes stuff (or really any Survivor people on Twitter), so I didn't know he was there

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zesty posted:

I get that. I just think there's less hate about the situation than you might think.

Man lost his job after that episode aired; I wondered if there was some bad blood

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

blue squares posted:

thanks jeff varner for the latest update on your utter scuminess

aidoru posted:

Let me monetize that time I tried to ruin someone's life.

Brock Samson posted:

Lol sell your book you loving prickbag

Yeah, I was feeling okay about the reunion, even though they revisited the outing moment at all....and then this happened. Is he really that loving clueless?

Zeke should have been immediately awarded the million form not kneeling on Varner's throat and tearing out his heart.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I, too, would like to see idols be better hidden. Hiding stuff during challenges is a great idea, I want to see more innovation like that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I had an idea kicking around in my head today...what about some kind of power to make a person vote publicly

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

It took me a second...but....:drat:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I had a silly idea to a redemption island like twist that would be purely for the network's benefit. Have the vote-out's run a loser's bracket for a much-reduced prize (like maybe only $100k). Everyone eliminated pre-jury goes to RI and either has the whole ghost tribe thing going on, or the string of 1-on-1 duels to retain the sole spot.

And here's where it's for CBS's benefit...air the redemption island content exclusively on CBS All Access. This way, CBS gets to get more footage out of the early boots, the sanctity of he game and the importance of getting voted out of the main tribe(s) is preserved, CBS can monetize the extra content, and if you hate the first boots or the entire concept you can neatly avoid it entirely.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, it'd probably only really be beneficial if people gave a poo poo about All Access in general. Which from everything I've heard, they don't.

Just me spitballing ideas. There's a reason I work in retail, not TV production :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Like most seasons, the theme will be forgotten in about 3 episodes, with Jeff awkwardly trying to bring it up at Tribal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
One day we'll get Action Jeff again

• Locked thread