Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm fine with it. I like the idea of adding a new wrinkle for people who have played before.
Yeah same. Return seasons are best when they are playing a new version of Survivor. Its like-ok, you have the experience, now lets push you even further.

Honestly one of my dream thought experiment seasons is to have every player who isn't in jail or dead return if they want to. Then you have like eight tribes, make it grueling like that 2001 reality show Boot Camp. Ah.. I love dreaming of these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Wolf was robbed. :argh:
Wolf should have upped his social. Or the producers should have given the gauntlet the swing vote (it would have fit with the theme - successful mission > team mates).

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Somebody give me a season of Survivor to start rewatching right now. I'd prefer obscure > remembering who wins.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm half way through the pilot of Vanuatu because it was the first with more than one vote.
Its season 9 yet feels like so early survivor. oh wait, 2004-yup.

thank you for all your recommendations. they are all great as i can't recall who won any of them. its always tricky going on the wikipedia page for each season because the winner is usually quite prominent in the first paragraph.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Are you pumped for the new season of the hit reality television show Survivor?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

-sharks
-that water logged snake challenge. frick that. it would have been so so heavy.
-malcolm did well to secure his value as a challenge beast. i think he'll last until the merge.
-i love the theme. lighthouse, shipwrecks. its good on the budget they have. which reminds me, i wonder if we'll ever get another big budget season (like survivor china). man i loved survivor china.
-good intense episode of tony. he overplayed his hand. i feel like a lot of the power players are peacocking and overplaying their hands actually. malcolm, varner, etc. are smart to let the egos play out. i wonder if this means the second half of the game will be much more subtle.
-i feel like the two tribes have already marked themselves as the 'good cooperative tribe' and the 'evil individualist tribe'.
-i wonder if the buff drop is to minimize pre-game relationships.
-yay new survivor

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there much of a point in them giving out flint even as a reward anymore? Both tribes get it after day 3 now and in most seasons these days it doesn't matter especially on returning seasons where everyone should be able to make fire. They should just include it as a basic package now or keep offering the losing tribe flint only as a reward until something like day 9 or something.
No. It's just one of those rituals of Survivor. I'd hate to see them phase them out.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rewatching Survivor China. How were these people talking about selecting a 'leader for the tribe' in season 15? Isn't that some season 1 stuff?

Anyway, I forgot about the other tribe without Courtney/Todd/James/John R. Jamie and Frosty ftw!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

If there was one season I could watch for the first time again it would be China.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Malcolm did say in his RHAP exit that he was warned about JT

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

JT will win this game.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

i've found the single greatest sentence i've ever seen written about survivor
Oh that's a good one. Another contender
before the show started: Jeff Probst performed Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” for the contestants,

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

What a roll of the die. Of all the players to get advice hahahaha.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I'll take infinite future seasons of Survivor in one location than the risk of new locations. Must be getting old.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Zesty posted:

Cochran says the Fake Idol Kit that Debbie could have chosen had enough material to make at least several fake idols.
Did Debbie use her extra vote advantage in the end? I cannot recall.

Dugong posted:

So the first episode of Survivor Nz was weird. Most of the cast is entertaining but the the budget and production is dragging it down. The first challenge was the 'get poo poo off a boat' staple but it was from a rowboat on a beach. The soundtrack is really grating and I think it's going to have the same annoying production twist decisions that Oz had.

Basically I'll probably end up binging it when I'm hungover at some point.
A few years ago I worked with the first boot. They were super super cool + we bonded over survivor hard. In fact, they were the first person outside these forums who I could have nerdy survivor talk with. I haven't watched the first ep yet (will probably need some measures to dampen the cultural cringe) but look forward to seeing them live their dream-albeit briefly and apparently a bit terribly. This is hardly a brag because nz.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I enjoy that there is a website that painstakingly dissects funny moments in survivor stretching back to 2000. Where else can I go to get a kick out of obscure moments which gives me renewed energy to watch Africa or Amazon? : p

Seriously though, I love watching vintage survivor because its survivor + nostalgic haircuts.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh shi its the final already!
There is not enough Survivor in the world. I can see myself getting heavily involved with regionals in my later years.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Required simultaneous play of idols would be interesting. I was on the "have idols expire at the merge" train, but that works too. I just hope to see some sort of response from production in 35 or 36 that acknowledges that they realized Game Changers went overboard with the idols, twists, and advantages and that scaling back just a bit would be good for the game.
Yeah idols at the pot is a good as idea. I also think survivor should have a no idol, s1-esque season. But not tell the contestants so around episode 3 of scrambling for idols they realize time is better spent reinforcing their shelter and hiding from animals.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

My favorite armchair Survivor idea is to have identical back-to-back seasons. Identical. Start with newbies, play the season out, and replay the season with the same contestants in the same starting tribes with the same "twists" along the way (ie same number of idols, same gimmicks, same swap mechanics at same points in the game etc).

Getting 16-20 people to sign on to play Survivor twice in a row is a big ask and will totally never happen, but I think it would be very cool to see how that goes.
Oh hell yeah! It's even better than simply giving them the script because they'll have these massive emotional reactions to how things went down. I like this.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The podcast Uhh Yeah Dude is listened to by Roark of s35 http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Roark_Luskin so yay go her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bring back Dave Ball
Making loves' my sport.

• Locked thread