Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I don't think I've gotten on SA since the last season ended. Woohoo! I haven't watched all of the seasons, so I still haven't seen some of these people play. I also have a poo poo memory so I'm banking on you guys reminding me of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Man Zeke is just the least interesting person they could have cast this season to me

They need him to constantly say how amazing this season is

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Tony is dumber than Debbie.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

winvirus posted:

pretty straightforward and obvious vote, tbh i just don't think she is survivor material

She's great later on when you need someone to do the dirty work, but she sucks at the beginning.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

You're not scheming? Dude, you're crawling around on the ground in the middle of the night. You just heard them say you aren't a threat!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I GET PAID IN MILITARY TRAINING

This is only useful if you actually *need* military training for something

You do not need it for modeling

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Malcolm :swoon:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Tony won his season? I don't remember this happening.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Man this is hard to watch :(

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

At least now they know they are capable of catching one?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Sandra interrogating every member of the tribe repeatedly when it was clear they didn't wanna slaughter and gut the goat is not the sort of dark humor I expect from survivor.

I like Sandra but that was rough, especially when she has no clue how to kill it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I missed the description of this challenge, having a black woman tied to & being led by two white men is a little uh.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's nice to see they are bringing The Amazing Race back and they are putting it on Thursday instead of on Friday nights.

I noticed that, too. I'm surprised they're bringing it back again. I ever stopped watching a season or two ago because morals, after the stop at the lion "rescue", and while I wanted to keep watching out of nostalgia it's become kind of a poo poo show.

I don't think I've ever seen the Survivor thread this dead before.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

this is a super weird thought to have

I started paying attention to it right at the point where both of them were kinda dragging her by the rope while she stumbled along and she looked super tired while they were both barely sweating and without context it looked really awkward

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Well, congrats on the completely incoherent vote that eliminated a fan favorite, show

I am very sad.

xbilkis posted:

Didn't he tell explicitly tell Brad they were voting for Sierra? And I don't remember him telling his tribe what he said

Yes, he specifically said Sierra

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Pretty sure Debbie lost the right to bitch when she refused to do it anyway

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Man, that's rough. Losing tribe goes to council, has to vote someone out, AND gets stuck with Debbie.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

This is such a Tai thing to happen

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

drat :(

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Trading Sandra for Debbie

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Wow. wow. Not only to out him, but to use that as an example of how Zeke deceives people? I don't give a poo poo how much you "help" transgender people in your real life, if you actually cared about them the idea of saying that would never have crossed your mind, yet alone been said out loud. If you really thought "everyone" except the people on this tribe knew, they would have known from being questioned about it when doing press, etc. for this show.

Varner had always seemed like a good guy. Dude just blacklisted himself.

I assume this was the first tribal ever with technically no official votes?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I've gone back and forth on Zeke for one and a half seasons, but I adore him after reading his Hollywood Reporter essay.

quote:

Playing with rookies was one thing, but playing alongside my Survivor heroes in a season called Survivor: Game Changers was quite another. It was like waking up in Westeros, Lord Zeke of the Mustache Lands, fighting to claim the Iron Throne. But instead of flying dragons with Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, I trailed Ozzy, Master of Spear Fishing, out to the reef, dove down and watched him catch fish. Tai, the Chicken Whisperer, and I killed three chickens together. Debbie, the Woman with an Infinite Number of Jobs, told me about all of her jobs.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Zesty posted:

Joe Anglim and Kelly Wiglesworth getting weird with their new show. I guess they realized that their past videos of Mana had a weird sex vibe that everyone picked up on so they went whole hog.

Do they still have her daughter with them?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Joe legitimately has the worst Instagram account ever. It's a mix of terrible "inspirational" quotes from questionable people (I know I always get my advice from alleged rapists, don't you??), photos of him with his tongue hanging out, things that could be viewed as racist, and ridiculous anti-Hillary / pro-Trump memes and posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdhSJP80AWw

I don't think there's ever been a moment on Survivor that tops whatever the flying gently caress these two are.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's their WAR PAINT.

I'm down with making art on your body and finding inner peace and poo poo, but you just hit that line and it's all downhill from there.

Since announcing their show last year, no one has picked it up, not even online-only channels, and the only filming they've done has been in Hawaii. .... Land of the jungles and war paint and spears that they don't know how to use? Even the articles that act like this is a completely normal, wonderful thing don't know why the gently caress they did these photos.

They're totes not having sex you guyz, they brought along her 3 year old son.

They're definitely having sex and making him stand behind a tree or something while they scream weird words.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

it's so creepy when Jeff tells them to hug their loved one at the end of each talk

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

The preview at the end of whatever show was on before survivor billed this as the biggest moment or shock of the season, something like that

Talk about underwhelming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Basically all of this could have been avoided if Cirie had bothered to read the what, 3 sentences? on the piece of paper.

• Locked thread