Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pony: Troyzan for being the only remotely insightful rival to get anywhere in One World.
Poison: Ozzy for not being completely replaced by Malcolm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That seems like a huge boost for minority alliances out of nowhere. Interesting that Jeff presents it as taking vote splits away since too many people were getting a free look.

Dunno if this is a good idea but all-stars is the time to try it since these are people who have no trouble orchestrating splits and often carry unbreakable pre-game alliances.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lampsacus posted:

Then you have like eight tribes, make it grueling like that 2001 reality show Boot Camp. Ah.. I love dreaming of these things.
Wolf was robbed. :argh:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ciera thought the new tiebreaker rule would be a personal advantage and was immediately booted. I can't imagine a better result.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

I'm watching the previous season (Kaoh Rong?) and i just got to the episode where everybody dies during the reward challenge and jesus christ
Production hosed the cast so hard on that challenge. The practice/b-roll team ran the challenge with flags locating all the buried bags.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

How well received was this season here? I'm enjoying it so far, but I also don't know anything that happens later that may ruin it (Tyler Perry Idol, Boston Rob running the board at the end, etc.). I don't even know boot order or winner or anything. Five episodes in, Tai is basically the best person on the show and the two guys on the brawn tribe are the loving worst.
It is extremely difficult to talk about the reaction without spoiling the winner. It's an ok to good season with very obvious flaws. It's not a dud. Most people loved Tai and saw Jason and Scot as jerks. I have a soft spot for Scot being able to Tall Guy his way through challenges. The elaborately hidden idols were a fun change from years of tree holes/roots that people found without any clues.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It was a final 2 against Woo. He definitely deserved to win under the circumstances but Woo completely blew it.

Tony's ugliest play was having a special idol (playable after votes are read) and lying at Tribal about it being playable at the final 4. Jeff agreed it was a special idol but would not comment on the lie. "Jeff did a great job of not jeopardizing my game. He just went along with it."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The live Know-It-Alls are very bad.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Feeling very confident that Debbie's firm statement at 8:02 will hold true.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Time for some nut shots.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

aidoru posted:

Missed the first 20 minutes, what did I miss?
Debbie is convinced Hali is going home. Troyzan kind of bungled reward challenge.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Oh boy a blindfolded challenge. Can't wait to see people get concussed and hit in the dick
This was a huge disappointment.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Poor Varner.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

aidoru posted:

Thanks, what was the reward/who won it?
It was something (breakfast food?) and coffee. Malcolm smoked the finish of throwing stuff to knock over pins. Culpepper came in a distant second once he got his aim back.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tai should be more of a target since he has a rep for being a guy who will blow up your game.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

An idol buried in clear sand near the tribe flag should have been a lot riskier to dig for.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

lol, whelp.

Tai casually breaking the clue's intent ("requires cooperation" my rear end)

Also, revealing the HII there is stupid, right?
Yeah it was a really half-assed cooperation requirement compared to the Raoh Kong idol tool stuff.
Probably a dumb move to expose it to everyone rather than his 1 core partner but Tai is not a good player.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am a freeman on the land and do not consent to this vote.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

A well played pre-merge idol! :swoon:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is Varner's fault for botching the maze at the last second.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Debbie is pissed! Stunned her plan to oust Hali didn't even come close.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

I'm not at all sure that's a valid reason to eliminate someone at this point. If Sandra takes this season down by playing a "gently caress all of you I have won two seasons of Survivor I am better at this" it will be the most amazing thing, though.
Ciera - Overplayed
Tony - Overplayed
Caleb - Too many same-season friends
Malcolm - Physical Threat

Caleb is the one that looks weird to me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

On what planet is Caleb not a Physical Threat
I guess. He died on day 9 and I haven't seen Big Brother.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ripping the idol clue board off the well was a fun moment.

Tai is a Ciera-tier player and it is nuts they trust him at all.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Anything notable before the pizza reveal?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

#SurvivorPizza

Whoever wins is gonna get massive diarrhea.
Pineapple helps with digestion. Make the right choice, Survivors!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Imagine the steamrolling if Debbie had the challenge advantage there.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shipmaestro

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I guess they can't afford to get pangonged but it seems like a bad plan to waste a shot at Ozzy.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Oh boy

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's terrible even if it works strategically, but lol @ Varner reading the room so poorly.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It was never confirmed I don't think, only speculation.
Somebody somewhere dug up a school paper story from Harvard(?) so it's long confirmed.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The lesson is that bad things happen when you won't vote out Ozzy.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

What's with those 2 Zeke votes?
1 person lied to in a misdirect and ???

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Hali was delightfully strange this season and brought an interesting perspective to the game. I am sad to see her go

Hali and Michaela
Oh ok. I figured they knew well enough to vote for each other. I haven't been paying attention

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The downside of not making a move is apparently zero since Zeke didn't suggest he was being lied to about the target.
The upside is moving up a rung in a smaller alliance and making everyone trust him less?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This reward needs an Adam Sandler screening.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tai blows up another game. Stop trusting him!

e: :argh:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

It'd be incredible if Zeke gets outplayed by Debbie.
Debbie has flashes of insight. She saw right through Cirie in one of the first episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bring back the drowning challenge already.

• Locked thread