Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

JesusSinfulHands posted:

My great fear for Game Changers is that it's a cast divided between a few big names and a bunch of randos trying to make a name for themselves. This may result in Tony, Sandra, Cirie, Malcolm, and JT being targeted early and we end up with loving Sierra winning the season. Think All-Stars.

All-Stars was won by Boston Rob both in spirit and financially, just not in title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

its me glenda posted:

who was the last quit we had, colton in BvW?

Julie, season 29 (San Juan del Sur)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The one who most of all has gotten conspicuously little screentime based on legacy is definitely Andrea. She's been a huge contender and game player in the past but in the current edit she's barely visible...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Max posted:

In one of the interviews, Andrea mentioned that Sandra was essentially shutting her out, so she hasn't been able to make the moves she wants.

That was Aubry.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Fast Luck posted:

It was pretty surprising and impressive that Zeke did a whole season without CBS trying to milk that story or anything.

If they were editing that season while filming this one it's not surprising and impressive so much as calculated to let yesterday's episode have more impact.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Arcanen posted:

I think in some ways that "is good at finding idols" actually means "is so bad socially that they don't get it's not ok to blatantly spend a lot of time searching for idols".

Tyson also found two HII's during the season he won (Blood vs Water)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I want another season in China, that was awesome and very unique.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SalTheBard posted:

That's how I felt about Tocantins.

That setting was pretty similar in terms of landscape, vegetation etc. to Gabon, I felt. There's never been a setting/atmosphere quite like China before or since.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

blue squares posted:

Survivor: North Korea please

And after that, Survivor: The Moon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Victorkm posted:

At least everyone who wanted to see Joe's dilz finally can.

He already had full mast dickpics leaked recently.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pokeyman posted:

This is probably a dumb question but: is there any way Sarah can pretend she wasn't the flipper?

She can always scapegoat Tai

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Robnoxious posted:

I dunno if Sarah did the right thing there... unless she wants to remain to be wishy-washy and then pull a BOOM! secret advantage @ 5.

Perhaps cutting Zeke insures no one knows the advantage exists in the first place.

Did you miss when Sarah filled in Cirie about her secret advantage in this episode

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Binary Logic posted:

Amazingly, no one seems aware of Cirie. She's had zero votes cast against her so far and is the biggest strategic threat remaining. Yet still seems to be under the radar with no one targeting her.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Andrea's also a bigger threat than Cirie because she can actually win immunities. Cirie is never safe since she never wins immunities and doesn't seem like the type to find idols.

Which is, of course the kind of thinking that let Sandra win twice. But it's easy to see how one could put Cirie aside for later.

If the finale were Andrea vs. Cirie, Cirie wins every time because of her social game, strategic genius, and eloquence. She's by far the biggest threat left to win it all and it's insane they haven't voted her out yet. Doubly so because it's her 4th (!) time playing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Binary Logic posted:

Sarah's problem is going to be when people at Ponderosa start comparing notes. Ie, the next one voted out is going to inform Sierra that Sarah wrote down her name. Sierra might consider that a good, strategic 'gamechanger' move - or she could feel betrayed.

http://www.tv.com/news/survivor-sierra-regrets-giving-her-advantage-to-sarah-14945259920009980/

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's like The Frog Prince, but with a chicken

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/aubrybracco/status/865221801445658624

The black widow :black101:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Monica Culpepper: makes it 14 days first go-around, losing finalist in the second go-around
Brad Culpepper: makes it 14 days first go-around, losing finalist in the second go-around

:monocle:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rick posted:

Tai making it to the final three would've been very interesting to see, just because the edit for him this season consistently was everyone saying "Tai is a really good person BUT the way he plays this game pisses me off" and I would've liked to see the jury kind of struggle with that.

5 people on the jury said they would've voted for Tai if he were in the final 3 instead of Sarah, so it would've been a tie with Brad

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The new discussion format for the final tribal council helped with that, by letting jurors like Michaela come to her defense and point out the others' hypocrisy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

xelfer posted:

In Australia we just got an ad for our next season which is "coming soon". The last season was really good, on par with the US version production wise, so looking forward to it.

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Someone should tell that site it's season 4, not season 2. The real season 2 of AS (in 2006) was one of the dullest seasons of Survivor ever, but season 3 (last year) was one of the greatest.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ApplesandOranges posted:

Francesca for third time first-boot.

The queen stays queen

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It isn't off-season, Survivor NZ is running. I hope Barb wins.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Australian Survivor S3 was awesome though, a top tier season even compared to the US version. Fantastic cast.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The winner was the exact opposite of meh. One of the most unexpected (though totally deserving because of that brilliant Final Tribal performance) and unorthodox winners ever.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nexal posted:

Only 5 episodes in and second season kicks first season out of the water for me.

Zesty posted:

What's that? Second season of Australian Survivor going already?

It's the 4th, not the 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nah, it's just childish and wholly unnecessary to pretend the first two seasons don't exist.

Moving on; it is indeed an awesome season so far. Shaping up to be just as good as season 3.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 8, 2017

• Locked thread