Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This season can only hope to be as good as the OP.

Pony: Sandra

Poison: Sierra/ Ciera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

All I'm hoping for is that the interesting characters don't get booted first.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Lone Goat posted:

Do you mean Ciera? Because Sierra has only been on one season.

i think that makes even funnier.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Watch as Ciera cements her legacy by causing rocks every trival.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Pick one that has a returning player

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I'm glad Sandra is still around but boy this old Mana washout is not looking good.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Well Malcolm seems to be the Facebook mum pick. Apparently they really hate Sandra too.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I'm really disliking Sierra. I know she's in a crap position because either she gets slated for not making moves or slated for taking out the big characters but even her mannerisms are annoying me.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

CBS I'm gunna need that winners season to get some more Sandra episodes

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

My friend outed me as gay whilst she was drunk at a house party and I didn't speak to her for months. If I was in Zeke's position I probably would have voted Varner off by punching him in the face, National TV be damned.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

People on spoiler forums were told that something happened to Varner and he was seeing a therapist post-game due to suicidal thoughts. I'm going to take those words as genuine and say that Zeke has handled this better than the majority of people would.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I just want more night challenges/ geographically relevant stuff. Cambodia had one challenge like that and it was great and reminded me of China

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

To be fair, they aren't exactly hiding it in the latest season. Canteen chat at the well is the half the screen time

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I hope this Michaela Cirie alliance sticks. The scenes with those two were the best.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I want an Andrea, Cirie, Michaela f3

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Do you know the format it's being aired in? I don't think I can handle 3 days a week of 70 minutes each again ala Oz.

I guess the prize money could go either way. You're either out there because you love Survivor or just want a free holiday...

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

So the first episode of Survivor Nz was weird. Most of the cast is entertaining but the the budget and production is dragging it down. The first challenge was the 'get poo poo off a boat' staple but it was from a rowboat on a beach. The soundtrack is really grating and I think it's going to have the same annoying production twist decisions that Oz had.

Basically I'll probably end up binging it when I'm hungover at some point.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

What I find weird is Jeff/ producers being unhappy about the KR winner despite having full control on how it should be edited and then putting characters that are far more dull on a returnee season :shrug: how they didn't expect the big players to be voted out first I don't know

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Thinking back to the start, maybe productions biggest mistake was the tribe divisions. Mana having the biggest characters but being weaker physically started the ball rolling for going for the threats.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Second chances would have been great if Spencer was the first boot imo

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The way Michaela was being set up, I felt that she was going to make it to the end but get canned by the jury :shrug:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Aubry has realised that the only way to guarantee screentime is to talk about Cochran :barf:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Unless the edit is seriously warping Tai's position, it's completely insane that he has held two idols for so long.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

It's pretty weird they are reusing the Hero tribe. If it was villains fans would probably be kicking off.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

So I just watched the finale and ehh? Hoping the producers learn now to never cast that lopsided ever again but I doubt it. Just imagine if Troy hadn't started that Tony/Sandra argument back in episode 1 and how differently this season could have been.

I want to know who Aubry pissed off to get that bad of an edit.

Also the next seasons theme is trash, even more so than Gen Gex or whatever the misspell was. At least in that season dividing by age has a clear narrative. These divisions make no sense at all but oh well.

Edit: Ok Sarah definitely deserved to win for this alone and I don't know how it didn't air. This is her response to why she voted Tai at F4: “I had destroyed my word so bad with everybody that I had to move on to material items. I gave Brad and Troyzan a bracelet I was wearing and I was like, ‘Here, if I turn on you guys, throw this thing in the fire. This means the world to me. I wore it on my first season, blah, blah, blah. But if we’re making this pact it’s only fair that you give me something.’ So I actually had Brad Culpepper’s wedding ring. And I told him, ‘If you turn on me, I’m going to throw it in the ocean.’ And we all see how much he loves Monica. I had to do that to solidify, so I actually felt very confident they weren’t going to turn on me because I had Brad Culpepper’s wedding ring. And I had one of Troyzan’s bracelets. So I had both of their items. So if either one of them screws me over everyone is getting screwed too ‘cause I’m keeping both of their things. And then they have one item of mine together. But at the day 39 breakfast we all gave each other the items back.”

Dugong fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 25, 2017

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I just hope production doesn't have any ridiculous twists again.

That final episode was some of the best survivor I've seen though

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The lack of versus on a newbie season theme is in different at least

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I really don't like Redemption as a concept because it devalues the importance of tribal council if a player could make it back into the game. Also with the recent seasons feeling so rushed, adding another element that has to be covered seems like a mistake.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

:five:

Good off-season so far

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I was just about to post to see if anyone else was watching the season. I've really enjoyed it so far but I am still sceptical that the producers have learnt their lesson regarding ridiculous twists. The initial marooning no food thing sent off alarm bells but there hasn't been anything else since.

The cast as a whole has been excellent. Luke is a stand out at the moment. The extra everything - from runtime to days played - continues to be a double-edged sword. Initial character development is great but 55 days just seems like a punishment for scheming players.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Yeah I'm really enjoying it. i think one of the biggest reasons for this is that there still hasn't been a tribe swap. The players obviously thought this season would be heavy on twists/ swaps and are now having to invest more in these starting tribes. This is giving the tribes much more importance in comparison to Game Changers.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

This season is such a nice change from the breakneck pace of Game Changers. Michelle is so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Survivor Charades needs to be in every season.

• Locked thread