Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerox
May 20, 2001
I am :psyduck: on how Sandra pulled that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I wonder how much of that is just genuinely Culpepper playing a great social game and how much of it is the producers feeling they let the edit get away from them a little last time with him and Candice's vendetta against him and trying to make up for it.

I mean, I don't think it was entirely undeserved last time but he seemed generally well liked last time too (and was just kind of an overtly backstabby player) and a lot of that hate was definitely​ kicked up by Candice. Culpepper seemed like a weird addition to this cast but everything makes a lot more sense if they liked the guy and just thought they owed him a makeup edit/play. It feels a bit like when the refs/umps make a call to fix a bad call.

Which isn't to say I don't think he's playing a good social game. He definitely seems to be. And he seems to be trying to be less overt in his gameplay this time around and come off less like the guy calling shots and backstabbing people.

http://funny115.com/v3/84.htm This is a pretty good article about the whole "gently caress You Brad Culpepper" thing. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of past seasons like a lot of people in this thread, so someone else would need to say if it is a fair analysis of the whole thing.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Debbie also went behind Sarah's back and tried to turn Aubry against her.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Lampsacus posted:

Oh hell yeah! It's even better than simply giving them the script because they'll have these massive emotional reactions to how things went down. I like this.

Or no one makes Big Moves (tm) cause screwing people over in a season where no one else does won't win you a million dollars on part 1 and get you bounced early on part 2.

Alternatively, someone would try to make themselves the goatiest goat to ever goat and get 2nd place money twice.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

the jeff narration for that would be great tbh

This season, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. For the first time in Survivor history, fire doesn't just represent your life, it is your life.

[Jeff Voice]
This season, Survivor is changing the game. 18 all new castaways are coming to the island, but there's a twist. All are deathrow inmates who have exhausted their appeals. Instead of a million dollars, our castaways are playing for one thing only, their life. All new challenges more exhausting and dangerous than ever. No more hidden immunity idols, a new twist are hidden shivs, where you can remove a player at tribal council without a vote. And at the end, one castaway will be taken off the island and back into normal society. This season, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. For the first time in Survivor history, fire doesn't just represent your life, it is your life. Now get ready for Survivor: Judge, Jury, and Executioner. [/Jeff Voice]

[Conch Horn Noise]

• Locked thread