Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
#spybunker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat, that fall looked like it hurt too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tony's spy antics will always be amusing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a hell of a challenge.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would have laughed if Malcolm had just drilled all of them and beat JT.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

Daunte Culpepper was a QB so you were half right! :unsmith:

Or racist! :v:

But I'm sure that Culpepper threw a decent amount of footballs in his 8 years of playing in the NFL, 3 years in college and 4 years in HS. You generally don't play that much football without throwing the ball around a bit, even if you are a lineman.

edit - Also, I'm a few minutes behind.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Debbie is so awful

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, while I'm sure Brad probably does probably disrespect Debbie, do you think Debbie will recognize she was wrong because she actually did say "I'm good at balancing" and then proceeded to lose anyway?

I'm betting no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

This feels like a put-on to play to the cameras, but people's confounded reactions are worth it

I could also see it as this too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently, the jungle isn't big enough.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

JT genuinely getting pissed about Michaela eating a spoonful of sugar is almost as crazy as Debbie

At least JT is being duped into being crazy. Debbie is just doing it on her own.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well that seemed like an exciting finish.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, they won't have to show the votes during the final confessional.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, that's why they all should have taken out Sandra during that Malcolm vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm hoping Sandra/Michaela/Varner stick together. The trio have a very solid level of sass and subterfuge. In a fun way too, not like Scot/Jason "let's hide the machete because we're sour lemons".

I actually kind of agree with this comment. Sandra is funny but kind of meh for me, but I think it'd be interesting watching those three work together. Varner just completely let the whole thing play out with a big old smile on his face.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I kind of don't like doing two swaps this frequently; it seems to kind of increase the odds someone gets hosed by random chance

On the other hand the Blue tribe probably would have just kept losing if they didn't do anything, so I guess this keeps things a little fresher

I would agree with you if this was a regular season, but since it's an all returnee season, I like multiple tribe swaps and don't really care if someone gets hosed by random chance.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why Tai?

And it would have been an easy fix for Ozzy if he had just taken Varner aside and told him that of course they told Tai that Sandra would be the vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean Tai does kind of have an issue here, but he's not bringing it up.

He's obviously not great at the social part of the game, but at the same time he might have understood if someone had told him that they had to tell Sandra/Varner a name and since he was 'returning' to the group he was the obvious choice as a name they would buy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

That pizza looked gross... must be from The Hut.

I'm a few minutes behind, but my first thought was that pizza is going to suck because it has to have been sitting around for a while. I mean it's not like there is a pizza place around the corner.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know I don't think I've noticed it before, but Sierra has some serious eyebrows.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

But is it called 'pop' or 'soda' on the island?

It's pop! :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

It came up in the thread in her original season. One of them doesn't grow in properly because of some accident she had when she was younger, so she has (one? both??) tattooed on.

Ahhhh, that's what it is.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell? When has Ozzy ever been a strategic threat? A physical threat, sure, but he's not that strategic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow Jeff.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Probst is on the ball.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SteveVizsla posted:

Wow. wow. Not only to out him, but to use that as an example of how Zeke deceives people? I don't give a poo poo how much you "help" transgender people in your real life, if you actually cared about them the idea of saying that would never have crossed your mind, yet alone been said out loud. If you really thought "everyone" except the people on this tribe knew, they would have known from being questioned about it when doing press, etc. for this show.

Varner had always seemed like a good guy. Dude just blacklisted himself.

I assume this was the first tribal ever with technically no official votes?

Yeah, I just don't get how Zeke is deceiving anyone there.

I was also liking Varner that episode and then really soured on him at that moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thexerox123 posted:

Corinne's main reason for thinking this seems to be because the word at the immunity comp was "metamorphosis". :rolleyes:

That doesn't even make sense because the season is titled "Game Changers" and changing is the very definition of metamorphosis.

Also, the reactions were way to genuine, so if there was collusion then it was strictly between Varner/CBS and that just doesn't make sense either.

Finally, I'm sure Zeke knew that it would eventually come out at some point. Either someone would make a connection and approach him during the show, or maybe he would be feel super close to someone and share it, or maybe someone would dig up history and publish it after/during the show. But this is like the shittiest way it could have happened.

And I still just don't get how Zeke could be thought of as deceptive for not telling people. I don't even consider myself particularly enlightened about these kind of issues, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean sure, if Zeke was starting a relationship with someone and didn't tell them, I could see that being labeled deceptive. But 'hey, are you transgender?' just doesn't seem like something that should be part of 'normal' types of conversations, even with people who are stuck on an island during a very interpersonal game. I mean isn't that the point of the whole thing? Zeke is a guy and he's always been a guy.

Wouldn't the real deception be if Zeke was continuing to live as a woman because then he wouldn't be being true to himself?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know I was just thinking it's going to be interesting to see what happens when the tribes meet or merge. After all, right now only Zeke's tribe knows about it (as far as I know), so I'm curious if it's just something Zeke is going to share with everyone else (either right before the next challenge or at the merge if he makes it), if someone else will let it slip, or if it just gets dropped.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Previously....

on Survivor

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, the recap and talk about the tribal wasn't that bad. I think it did a nice job touching on it, but didn't really go overboard. It was just a quick few minutes of the group processing it and then the show moved on.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Debbie is insane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That chicken didn't lay that egg right at that time. Because if it had, there would have been no question why the chicken had been up there. They get loud when they lay an egg.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see Sierra get voted out tonight after all her smugness in this episode.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

Zeke why are you being dumb again?

My first thought too. He's moving too early imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

Aubry this season is like a soldier with PTSD that's so over the pointless fighting.

Hahaha, that does seem like a pretty apt description.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The thing is that Andrea described it pretty aptly. Sierra basically controls Debbie (who almost certainly can't win) and Brad basically controls Troyzan (someone else who isn't likely to win) and somehow Zeke seems to think if he moves from Cirie/Andre where seems to be either 3rd/4th to be in 5th.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The downside of not making a move is apparently zero since Zeke didn't suggest he was being lied to about the target.
The upside is moving up a rung in a smaller alliance and making everyone trust him less?

He doesn't even move up a rung. Debbie/Troyzan aren't likely to win and thus will be carried by Sierra/Brad, who control them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
#dethroned

:rolleyes:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Was Ozzy already the #1 target? Because he's gotta go ASAP after this performance.

I don't know, he's not always that big a physical threat in some of the endurance challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How is voting out Ozzy changing the game?

Yeah, he can be a physical threat, but he's just being a follower right now AND he's providing you food.

• Locked thread