Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
And people had the nerve to suggest Sierra wasn't a game changer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Man Zeke is just the least interesting person they could have cast this season to me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh man, Cirie and Tai in a Survivor strategy talk is an amazing dynamic

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ciera's Survivor confidence is...remarkable

Just chompin on that apple like this ain't no big thing

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They should just call the entire season off if Sandra isn't even a top-two vote target on her on tribe in the first Tribal Council

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Michaela's 'act cool' strategy is playing out just a lil better than Abi in Cambodia

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Really digging the set/design choices this season

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

Really digging the set/design choices this season

Quoting this for lighthouse voting booth :swoon:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I loved that the inciting force for the Sandra-Tony conflict is Troy asking her to have a strategy conflict she nakedly did not give a poo poo about

Troy: "Do you wanna go talk?"
Sandra: "Ok..."
Troy: "Who do you think should go????"
Sandra: "I don't know :what:"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Tony was plainly crazy in his first season and had a steroids idol to help him out, although he used his crazy very effectively

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I can't lose all the challenges and win Survivor!"

Malcolm do you remember what happened in your first season

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"If you don't ever play with it you'll never know you can get burned..."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Arcanen posted:

He can't lose all the challenges and win Survivor, even if Denise can.

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah, he lost Survivor.

Denise and Malcolm played pretty much identical premerge games and Malcolm hosed up at the end

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh no, Sandra...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
SHE GOT THEM TO SPLIT THE VOTE

OH MY GOD

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Did Aubry vote for Tony and Tony for Aubry?

My god

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm actually a big Natalie White defender. She did what she had to do to win her season, and she certainly did things.

Yeah, Natalie is a much better winner than Michele because getting to the end next to Russell is a much better strategy for winning than getting to the end next to Aubry

Sophie from Samoa has been a big critic of the increased emphasis on "resume building" that has led to more chaotic seasons recently, and I definitely agree with her from a gameplay standpoint. Sometimes you only need to make one or two moves to put yourself in the best position to win. That's better gameplay than mucking poo poo up just to Do Something and hoping you come out unscathed in the end

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

blue squares posted:

dont eat a baby

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does Brad's conversation with Tai in this episode make him look like a surprisingly good player, or does it retroactively make Aubry's game in Kaoh Rong less impressive because manipulating Tai maybe isn't that hard

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hot take: tribal reward challenges suck rear end

If it's not going to exploit the divisions within tribes/alliances, I don't wanna see people balancing and tossing and puzzle solving for 10 minutes. Do they even bother showing tribes enjoying rewards anymore?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

using Varner over Michaela on the table maze is some next level fuckuppery.

It looked like she tried before Malcolm and swapped out without the show acknowledging it?

This twist is dumb as hell

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

thexerox123 posted:

Dunno why so many people are dunking on the idea, it sounds fun to me.

There was just a swap one round ago; immediately throwing in another twist that's impossible to anticipate one round later draws the game closer to random chance

e: and seemingly impossible to meaningfully navigate, because they're not even going to get to strategize as a unit!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sierra defending Sandra after Sandra campaigned to get her out

Her dreams of an SDT alliance are being crushed :(

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is entertaining tv but it's a loving mess

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is just not even survivor

Crazy prediction: Hali tells them she got them to vote for Brad to earn their trust

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Well, congrats on the completely incoherent vote that eliminated a fan favorite, show

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

thexerox123 posted:

How was that incoherent at all? It was pretty easy to follow the basics of what just happened, and it was an excellent play by one tribe.

Hiding Malcolm from the vast majority of the discussion meant that result came out of nowhere

I can assume why they arrived there but I have no idea how it actually happened

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does this guarantee us a Malcolm Redemption Island

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Didn't he tell explicitly tell Brad they were voting for Sierra? And I don't remember him telling his tribe what he said

I think JT assumed the other tribe would be voting for Sandra (or that they didn't have the votes and he was just doing them a solid?) and hosed up on that basis

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
A good moral

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Fast Luck posted:

Michaela has great blurts, like the scene is about someone or something else but Michaela gets in there by exclaiming like "You're going to have to start over at a new camp!" or "Tribal together?!" or "JT ratted us out"

I was a big fan of her butting into Sierra's attempts to assure Hali at TC

"You know where you stand with us" :)
"Yeah, on the outside right where they put you!"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DurosKlav posted:

Really hating idols more and more each season. They really need to cut its power or make them much loving harder to find.

I'm conflicted, because idols produce some of the best moments in the show, but yeah I don't think there's anyone who would complain about idols being harder to find. The show will occasionally talk about stepping it up in that department, but that usually just amounts to "you have to follow a single step and dig 1.5 feet in a specifically outlined location before you get it" like it did just now

Part of it is that it's just bad tv to have people going 'I need the idol. Oh, here it is!' because you know they're not going to show someone hunting for the idol in the first 10 minutes without any payoff

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao at using the flashback to 5 minutes ago to remind people she's insane

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This feels like a put-on to play to the cameras, but people's confounded reactions are worth it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
JT genuinely getting pissed about Michaela eating a spoonful of sugar is almost as crazy as Debbie

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if Michaela is more of a pain to live with than the show lets on or else there are....uncomfortable...undertones to this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh my god I love Michaela so much

And I love JT for being miserable at playing Survivor

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
HE DIDN'T BRING THE IDOL

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Fun fact: Ozzy is the same age now as Colby was during Heroes vs Villains

I was really holding out hope for an Old Man Ozzy storyline this season and am pretty sad we didn't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I kind of don't like doing two swaps this frequently; it seems to kind of increase the odds someone gets hosed by random chance

On the other hand the Blue tribe probably would have just kept losing if they didn't do anything, so I guess this keeps things a little fresher

• Locked thread