Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I loved this movie overall but there were two particular scenes that really ramped up the tension for me:

1. When the woman partygoer comes up to Chris and basically squeezes his pectoral muscle and/or arm like she was squeezing a loaf of bread or an orange at the market. Checking out the merchandise. This made me involuntarily tense up in my seat.

2. When "Georgina" was trying unsucessfully to break through and communicate with Chris but couldn't, and burst into tears instead. The lengthy extreme closeup. Like someone who'd had a stroke and could no longer speak (aphasia) where the brain damage lays an invisible barrier between them and the person they are trying to communicate with. Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I would actually like to see a variation on this movie where the bad guys are actual misguided liberals doing what they think is good for black people but harming them unintentionally.

You realize this is exactly how American right wing media portrays decades of liberal government and Democratic Presidencies and Congresses, including the New Deal, Great Society and every type of welfare and affirmative action program, right? The language has gotten bolder and more explicit with each year where now black mouthpieces are used to express sentiments such as how Democrats are the real slavekeepers keeping black people on their plantations of despair shackled by the chains of the welfare state.

Hell as the language gets bolder and bolder you will more frequently see it expressed how Lincoln harmed black people with the misguided war forcing them out of their previously cozy situation on the plantations, you already see a bit of this here and there.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does this happen to every thread that SMG descends upon?

• Locked thread