Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I could help but laugh at her bing search, it was dead quiet in the theater during that part except for my chuckles.

The sound in this movie was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Glad to see it make it to the top spot. Definitely deserved it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nucleic Acids posted:

One guy was audibly saying 'gently caress' and 'loving hell' when everyone thought it was a cop car driving up at the end But there were a lot of cheers when the door opened and 'airport security' was on the side.

my theater erupted in cheers at this part

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Was there something weird with the deer mounted on the wall? Chris was looking at it really strangely, and it seemed like something was off about it. (The eyes?)

spoiler just in case, but quick thoughts:
Seeing himself in it, relating the deer on the wall to the one hit at the beginning, finding inspiration for a weapon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

If you have reasoning skills the title of this article contains a spoiler

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a8990932/get-out-perfectly-captures-the-terrifying-truth-about-white-women/

But yeah...

This article brought up something I didn't even loving think of and is making me think about my own thought processes as a black man. My reactions were the exact same as the author of that article. The entire movie I was pretty sure Rose was well meaning. Even when she was clearly emotionally manipulating him at the lake I wrote it off. Even after Chris finds the pictures of her with the other Black people who were abducted my mind instantly went to oh well she has to have been being manipulated right. It literally wasn't until she said "you know I can't give you the keys" that I finally accepted she was a willing participant.

This is interesting to read because for me the shoe box of pics felt like Peele over played his hand revealing she was in on it prior to the actual reveal.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

You could still explain it away as maybe she was hypnotized to forget, or something.

You're right, but my thinking was that if she was hypnotized it'd be pretty lazy on her parent's part to leave a shoe box of incriminating photos in the daughter's room, so it seemed obvious to me that she was in on it. That was just a personal opinion though, so it's cool too see Dexo's and the article's opinion on it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This movie is easily going to make it onto the They Shoot Zombies, Don't They list.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/JordanPeele/status/837764902798315520

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Get out!" says the flabbergasted youngsters upon hearing the plot details

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already but I enjoyed the subtext of the martial arts discussion where the brother says that Chris has the superior genetics, but says that martial arts is about the mind and cleverness, and without saying it out loud, suggests that he, being white and smarter, can use martial arts to defeat the dumber stronger black Chris. Instead, Chris outsmarts him.

I was very happy about the casting for that character and his acting, because he totally sold the idea of the Gareth or Dwight Schrute from The Office, a over-testosteroned geek imagining himself to be an expert in martial arts.

(edit: oh, Neo Rasa brings it up in the previous page)

I really liked the actor in Anti-Viral if you wanna track down another flick with him in it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Well, yeah, that's the joke, it's like how we all use, white, grammar when posting here, the ,ideal" grammar on the forum is "pure, in the most menacing form,

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I've always wondered about Keanu, it didn't really seem to make a splash. Will people be talking about it 15 years from now like Super Troopers or something?

I grew up code-switching between different friend groups so the movie connected with me somewhat, but it was an okay movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

might as well toss out the set design of the mansion too, it certainly has nothing to say about the characters

Yeah I'm not getting the push back on the apartment chat. It's pretty basic stuff. Homes are almost always described as extensions of the owners, reflecting that person's desires, beliefs, interests, etc.

• Locked thread