Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Stephen Roots good at playing blind guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think my only regret from this movie is that I didn't go to a packed evening show. I caught a matinee on Saturday and there was probably less than. 30 people there. I feel like a big crowd would have enhanced this one even more.

I had the opposite experience. I didn't even consider a horror movie selling out, and when my wife and I showed up the only seats left were in the front row. I'll probably catch it again on video when it comes out, because that was a crazy bad angle to see a movie.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

morestuff posted:

Yeah, this basically. (Freezing people with mind powers seems like it falls pretty comfortably under "supernatural" but you can argue the semantics.) The commentary is interesting but it's a lot less effective as a horror movie in the back half. I think part of the issue is the cross-cutting with Lil Rel Howery's bit – it's funny and I wouldn't want to axe it completely, but it kills a lot of the tension the first 45 minutes has.

In the horror genre I usually only count ghosts/monsters/draculas/etc. as supernatural. Hypnotism and brain transplants are hard science ok!

• Locked thread