Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I thought this was alright. The pacing felt off, hypnosis is almost as bad as time travel for how it works in all movies and this one in particular, and the ultimate reveal just didn't come together for me. On the plus side the ending scenes and the violence in them was surprisingly well done considering how little of it was in the film, and the comedy was top notch.

I don't think the racism angle went anywhere interesting, it felt off because certain characters, namely the brother, felt like a white supremacist, while others were closer to suburban liberals, I would have liked to have delved a bit more into that since for a Guess Who's Coming to Dinner remake it doesn't seem to have anything to say about it.

I also thought the main character and his girlfriend were underdeveloped and her abrupt change didn't work for me. It would have been nice if they had thrown in one or two clues or breaks in the facade instead of making her some kind of a long con genius.

It's a little too well thought out and executed to just be mindless horror movie fun, but not clever enough to tie all its elements together in a satisfying way. I feel like it won't hold up to time or repeated viewings, but I got to see it in a very raucous theatre which is how horror movies are best watched and this one in particular feels like benefits from that atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread