Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There are a couple of jump scares but it's closer to something like Rosemary's Baby where it's this steady, rising paranoia.

Brilliant movie. Honestly one of the best horror flicks I've seen in a while, Jordan Peele has a good grasp on how to pace things, how to compose shots, rely on his actors, etc. And its handling of institutional racism is very sharp- it doesn't get at all bogged down by having to explain anything to the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, so Armond White is a Respectability Politics, "Welfare state is slavery!" conservative, and THAT'S why he's writing for NR.

Good to know.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

He's explicitly making GBS threads on the drive for respectability, and means testing the welfare state IS a tool for the perpetuation of poverty.

Except he's saying that Trayvon and Martin Brown were no saints and so it's wrong to compare them to people like Emmett Till etc.

And he doesn't say anything about means testing. It's the conservative position that welfare ITSELF is slavery, it makes people lazy and dependent, etc.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So what is the proper and healthy Marxist approach to interior design

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

To perform an ideological critique of it, as people have been doing.

All that does is tell me what NOT to do. I have to put the couch somewhere eventually.

• Locked thread