Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Having the plot hinge on something impossible makes the movie a little less...relateable? I'm scared of weird tightly-knit cult communities but I'm not afraid of getting my brain stolen.

Though it obviously works better for what the movie was trying to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I've been wondering, am I missing some meaning in the title? Or is "Get Out" just a standard horror-sounding name.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The whole movie actually took place within a racist child's snowglobe

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I don't understand.
Do you think this is a movie about a man who gets invited to an awkward party, then goes home?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I think walking into a film with a prefab thesis, before actually watching it, is kind of a bad idea

You can apply "it didn't really happen" to nearly 80% of fiction. You aren't actually saying anything meaningful about the movie. That big list has only made this more obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
If this is all a made-up conspiracy taking place inside Chris' head, what do you make of the scene where he is literally strapped to a chair while the antagonists explain their literal evil plan to him?
Was he actually down there for a game of Foosball?

• Locked thread