Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I can't believe that it took me this long to realize that when the father said "black mold", it also could mean the "a hollow container used to give shape to molten or hot liquid material (such as wax or metal) when it cools and hardens." Which tanslates to the hollow container being of black people. Peele really did spend alot of time on this script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Either way gently caress that guy, yeah that's what we need fellow asian of indiscernible descent, a race war between minorities. That'll make the white racists accept us as Americans.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

I'm legit sad my audience wasn't poo poo. Did anyone record reactions? I wanna feel that excitement. :(

My theater never has people who react to the movies either. They all just blankly stare no matter what happens on screen. Eh at least we both got to see a good horror film.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 12, 2017

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SMG they're rich as gently caress white folk literally silent bidding on Chris' body in a slave auction.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Chris went through the gauntlet of white people fetishizing him and could have been in serious trouble with the cop in one of the first scenes. The majority of the text from the white characters was microagressions of commonly said racist rhetoric spouted by white liberals. This isn't even from a context of a conspiracy when the cast made a point of making said scenes reminiscent of modern day discrimination.

Chris was in tears by the end of that party. I don't think "well meaning folk" was in his vocabulary after he murdered the body appropriating family.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 15, 2017

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I don't think Peele made the film as a way to gaslight his entire ethnic group's struggles.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"A terrifying or very unpleasant experience or prospect."

It's almost like words have more than one definition.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah so someone should stop you.

Oh wait the OG Godzilla already did.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

They welcome him as bait and consistently use backhanded compliments to degrade and dehumanize him without even fully realizing it. You don't have to be a minority to know something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I am many things to many people.

But mainly an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread