Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Just got done watching this movie with my white girlfriend... it had me feeling just a little bit paranoid about our relationship! :ohdear:

I really liked how it took time for me to unpack the whole thing the realization that the granddad never getting over his Olympic loss was what started the whole scheme blew my mind.

Also the subtle touch of the brain swapped dudes ear tattoo, when I noticed it I assumed it was some kind of brand since it was the roman numeral for three assume that was partly intentional, because at that point I was firmly in the "they're sex slaves!" camp.

I never trusted the girlfriend, because I figured there was no believable way she wasn't in on it. Ironically, I only thought she might have been brainwashed when she was scrambling to find the keys. Until then I had assumed she was a honeypot. William's acting skills are loving good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

MisterBibs posted:

I love the word choices Grandpa Brainchanger uses during the Welcome To Brain Scooping video. The thing that you bring to the table are the physical gifts (as in nothing you actually earned) you have, what we bring to the table is determination (specifically, the drive to earn things). It's a line as racist as it is one of ignorant privilege: if I succeeded it's because of something I did, if you succeeded it was because of luck or something you were born with.

if Grandpa Brainchanger were to describe his story, he worked hard to be an Olympic runner, when some random black dude with abilities he just stumbled into having beat him out.

Can someone please try to explain to me the cult-like talk of being "gods trapped in cocoons"? I get the symbolic idea of putting a perfect mind in a perfect body, but the way the grandfather was saying things like "our order..
our determination... BEHOLD THE COAGULA!" implied to me that there was a big mystic conspiracy. However it's never really brought up again, and the brain transfer is treated as a business transaction, not a religious apotheosis.

Was it all fluffy prose, or am I missing something here?

• Locked thread