Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

It took me second, but when I realized it-

"Hey, you got killed by a Merman last time!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

MisterBibs posted:

I love the word choices Grandpa Brainchanger uses during the Welcome To Brain Scooping video. The thing that you bring to the table are the physical gifts (as in nothing you actually earned) you have, what we bring to the table is determination (specifically, the drive to earn things). It's a line as racist as it is one of ignorant privilege: if I succeeded it's because of something I did, if you succeeded it was because of luck or something you were born with.

if Grandpa Brainchanger were to describe his story, he worked hard to be an Olympic runner, when some random black dude with abilities he just stumbled into having beat him out.

I like how fantastical the elements are. Like the probability that Grandpa brain changer is simultaneously a former Olympic athlete, revolutionary medical man, and cult leader primes you to accept the fact that when the girlfriend "changes", it's something more akin to an elemental creature than a member of even this nutty clan.

Edit-

She's basically a 'Whiteness' golem in a movie where a racist system is less 'we will kill you' and more accurately 'we will rape you'.

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 6, 2017

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

CelticPredator posted:

God SOAP was sad too! :(

I was the only one laughing in that. I think everyone else was just confused.

I saw SOAP in Vegas by the strip. It was a madhouse.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

JT Smiley posted:

and five seconds after that it shows her aiming a rifle

I was glad I skipped the trailer.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

800peepee51doodoo posted:

One thing that bothered me a little was Rose turning into the terminator after the reveal. Like, I get that she's a sociopath that lures men into this horrorshow but at the same time, her parents and brother were just murdered you'd think she'd have some emotional response to that.

That was totally intentional.

• Locked thread