Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I like Catherine Keener and I've never been more thrilled to see her die.

I also thought it was a nice touch and voting rights dig that he didn't have a driver's license, just a "state ID." At first it's merely an issue of 'he lives in the city and doesn't need one,' but ultimately it ends up loving him over, because he doesn't have the natural inclination to *steal* keys and GTFO because hey, driving without a license while black is a really bad ideaTM.

Also, I took the Obama comments not as a "we're liberals" thing as him representing their Holy Grail of 'gets.'

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

So what was the reasoning behind Rose actually grinning while she was being choked to death at the end, and the corresponding almost disappointment when he stopped? It doesn't really line up with the lights from the police car.

My guess? He was finally acting 'stereotypically black' and that amused her somehow, as well as knowing that no matter what he did, it was going to ruin his life anyway since he was a black guy covered in blood in a *super*-white area - it also explains the extra poo poo-eating smirk she gets once she notices the colored strobes from the cruiser.

I also think she was doing whatever she could to mindfuck him too, and couldn't help but indulge in one last sociopathic 'poke' at him.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 25, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

precision posted:

There seems to already be a lot of people who think this movie is anti-white propaganda made by Jews mind-controlling Peele.

Well, poo poo, isn't that *obvious*? Stuff like this just *never gets made* unless there's chemtrail chemicals piped into the theater while you watch it formulated by shell companies controlled by George Soros to chemically condition black people to join his new Black Panther Commandos who are going to kill all Republicans before the 2018 midterms. It even has hypnosis and brainwashing as PART OF THE PLOT. WAKE UP, SHEEPLE! :tinfoil:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Was anyone else expecting, at the very end, that Rose was going to get up or regain control of the shotgun while the two guys were talking in the car? I mean, I was laughing at the dialogue, but I was worried that it was going to take a last minute punishment for doing so.

Speaking as a ~cis white male~, I was actually satisfied by her expression being one of utter shock and disbelief that she *wasn't* going to get her revenge. It managed to be a 'happy ending' that by all rights would have mind-hosed him forever afterwards. The closest thing I could approximate to a similar ending was the end of the first Final Destination movie.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's kind of amusing to read that review in Uncle Ruckus' voice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, considering that the "funny" part of that story involved her biting a guy's tongue off, I'd say she's been hosed up in the head for quite some time.

My guess is she's a chip off of both blocks, and she'd violently lash out at anyone who dares to take control out of her hands. She's a true sociopath who was raised in an environment that rewarded her for deception and heartlessness.

I also have to give the movie credit as the *reticence* you think you see in the son is most likely just his jealousy that he isn't getting to live out his MMA fantasies in Chris' body.

Honestly, the only way this could've been more sick and morbid would've been if Rose had been a 'transplant' because their original daughter wasn't pretty enough to pull 'honey trap' duty.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

You know, I just realized that in the aftermath of Chris' 'getting away,' he's still not completely free and clear - when the house fire is investigated and Rose is found dead on the road, their pictures will circulate via the media and that highway cop might remember the woman who gave him grief and bring up his dashcam footage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Now I want to see a deleted scene where Chris exclaims happily "I LOVE BINGO" much to the horror and chagrin of the "shoppers."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

InFlames235 posted:

So whenever he hears a spoon clinking against a cup in the future will he just fall over? Sounds kinda dangerous...

Post-hypnotic suggestions and triggers wear off over time if they aren't reinforced.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gyges posted:

Catherine Keener was great, but her dislike of Chris was harsh and obvious from the get go.

Especially since it's pretty obvious that she dislikes Georgina and just based on *my* appraisal, enjoys having her in a 'supplicant' role despite knowing she's her husband's mother.

Rose is a complete reflection of her mother, who's clearly the one who's calling the shots, while her husband is obviously just the 'talent' as he shrinks the gently caress back when it finally comes to fight or flight time while his son is the one who goes ~BALLS OUT~.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

One thing I'm shocked no one has brought up yet is the fact that poor Andre is still stuck in the sunken place forced to watch as some dude uses his body to bang a senior citizen, FOREVER

That's some dark poo poo.

No, the *darker* poo poo is that that couple was obviously there to 1) show off his new Andre suit, and 2) potentially trade up to a newer model if the price was right and the 'features' were better.

Here's another thing to mull over - I know it's been discussed, but it'd be interesting if it'd been implied that the Chinese guy was a former 'transplant' that the buyer simply had kept for a long-ish time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I'm sure Grandpa was still considering being published in JAMA and the Journal of Neurosurgery after doing the old ~switcheroo~.

Groovelord Neato posted:

do we really need all the spoiler text still.

There are still people who've skipped seeing the movie because they don't normally dig on horror, so...~kinda maybe~?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

When they refer to black minds as being a waste of potential and frame their activity as doing a favor to the black bodies, I think that still squarely puts them in the category of "not intending to do black people a favor."

If it resembles any horrible opinions held by white people today, rather than white liberals who mean well but do stupid things, it would be much closer to the kinds of white people who want to make blacks subservient and take away their free will and couch it as doing blacks a favor. They intend harm on blacks but use BS language to make it look like they're doing them a favor. Here is the round hole for Get Out's round peg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pWSLRmfbMw
(temporary conservative hero Cliven Bundy arguing that blacks were better off under slavery because they had things to do and stayed out of jail)

If anything, an even more super-racist rationale for the whole body-switching thing is that the white people see 'going black' as almost being their version of a *rest home*, where they're no longer expected to do what they were expected or 'privileged' to do in their first life, because no one would expect ~Walter the gardener~ to be a neurosurgeon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I want to put white Hillary supporters and white Bernie supporters in a room, ask them which group is more woke, and then back out and lock the door when they start arguing.

Slowly raise the room temperature and pipe in an instrumental-only version of "Afternoon Delight" that gets progressively louder as they do.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

One thing that I heard over at NPR is that the box of photos may not have processed as a "She's in on it" realization because it may have manifested as a "gently caress, I'm a fetish object" fear that underlies many interracial relationships. It was a perspective that I didn't think about, but I thought was interesting.

That would've been more plausible had Georgina (I can't remember if Walter was) not been among the photos.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I can't be the only one who wants a tongue-in-cheek parody of "The Blind Side" where Tim McGraw and Sandra Bullock are adopting Michael solely so they can brain transplant their football-obsessed milquetoasty son into a strong black future NFL left tackle, right?

Because I kind of want that to exist now, just to take the piss out of that movie.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Get Out 2 will just be him going to prison and sitting in solitary confinement in real time.

No, Get Out 2 will be him going through the nightmare of trying to get his new Don'tCare insurance to pay for counseling and anti-anxiety meds.

• Locked thread