Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Seems stupid to me, they were pretty much the easiest, most centralized way to find diverse discussion about movies, especially older or obscure movies that would otherwise require tons of googling and link reading before finding anything worth reading, and a lot of times might not lead to anything at all after the time sink of searching. I know there was a lot of stupidity, trolling and repetitiveness in the IMDB forums, but these were easy enough to identify and filter out once you got used to using em, and putting up with having to read some dumb comments far outweighed being able to read some discussion about some hidden gem movies from years ago. It was also interesting at times seeing what people thought of certain movies around the times they were first released compared to how people perceive them nowadays. Oh well, at least it eliminates my one use for another advertising/promotional site and I don't have to visit there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
They were real bad, op

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

savinhill posted:

Seems stupid to me, they were pretty much the easiest, most centralized way to find diverse discussion about movies, especially older or obscure movies that would otherwise require tons of googling and link reading before finding anything worth reading, and a lot of times might not lead to anything at all after the time sink of searching. I know there was a lot of stupidity, trolling and repetitiveness in the IMDB forums, but these were easy enough to identify and filter out once you got used to using em, and putting up with having to read some dumb comments far outweighed being able to read some discussion about some hidden gem movies from years ago. It was also interesting at times seeing what people thought of certain movies around the times they were first released compared to how people perceive them nowadays. Oh well, at least it eliminates my one use for another advertising/promotional site and I don't have to visit there anymore.

http://www.moviechat.org

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Thanks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

GonSmithe posted:

They were real bad, op

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GonSmithe posted:

They were real bad, op

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They were real bad but god my mum still hasn't stopped complaining about it. "Where will I talk about films now!"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

They were real bad but god my mum still hasn't stopped complaining about it. "Where will I talk about films now!"

it was the only place

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nettle Soup posted:

looks like youve got an easy $10 birthday gift for your mom all lined up

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

elf help book posted:

awww:glomp:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

elf help book posted:

I hope comic book and cartoon movies are her favorites, along with communist interpretations of them

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

They were one of the worst forums on the internet, populated with people with Quentin Tarantino quote signatures arguing over when Actress X first got fat. And this was in 2005.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

They were one of the worst forums on the internet, populated with people with Quentin Tarantino quote signatures arguing over when Actress X first got fat. And this was in 2005.

In fairness, that's just GBS c. 2004 without the photoshops.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That sounds pretty epic though????

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Or hot how such-and-such actress was back when she was on 'Unhappily Ever After.' Yeah, the forums were good to be tossed.

GIGA-Reagan
Mar 11, 2017

Nettle Soup posted:

you should get her on /tv/

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
it's fuckin bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004